The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The want or don't want conundrum

Quote Originally Posted by Dixiedog78 View Post
    I do not believe Romney is the solution to all our problems but I do know for a fact that if the currect president gets reelected, we as a nation, will face some of the darkest most challenging days that this counrty has ever seen.......JMHO
    I'm with you .
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

I do not believe Romney is the solution to all our problems but I do know for a fact that if the currect president gets reelected, we as a nation, will face some of the darkest most challenging days that this counrty has ever seen.......JMHO
    Ditto ! We have no options this time as far as I am concerned.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    It seems we want the gov. to be involved in certain aspects of our private lives...for example abortion, birth control, healthcare, (medicare, medicaid, VA.), but to keep their noses out of other areas ie., banking, business regulation, environmental concerns, etc.

It seems to me that gov. intrusion into the private sector depends on what and how they're are doing it, and how it effects you and your particular political philosophy.

Some do not want, the gov. to be involved in aspects of our private lives, for example on income or taxes paid, healthcare, banking, the environment etc.

The reality is that the gov. has been allowed,(by us) intrusion into every aspect of our private lives.

Both parties, R and D focus on this.

In the coming election I intend to side with Franco and many other Libertarians and vote for GJ.

I do not believe that he will win, but it is time to start a different direction, which starts with a small step.
    R's and D's no longer serve us.

In the future, .....well I wish us all a future. JD
    Well, JD, whereas I think you have a point in the general thesis of your post, I believe that your chosen course of action is somewhat misguided. I would posit that the best course of action would be to fight very hard during the preliminary part of the electoral process to either make a third party viable, or to attempt to get a more suitable candidate nominated in one of the major parties. Donate time and money to the cause, etc. If you can't get them on the presidential ticket, work hard to get candidates from that 3rd party elected to the congress or senate. However, if you live in a state that is in play, and you feel that one of the major candidates is better (or for that matter worse) for the country (not the absolute best candidate possible, just better) you should vote for one of the candidates that could actually win (unless of course it is Obama ;-0) ) Sorry, this position may not be worded as elegantly I would have liked. May try to flesh it out a bit later.

HPL
    Last edited by HPL; 09-20-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Sorry about the gout flare-up Ken.

Dixiedog78... please elaborate on the "darkest days". I am interested in your opinions and since as I indicated to Ken, I am at home suffering the flu I have some unreservered time to play on PP. Your responces are welcomed, and I like to "play".
    The water is fine, come on in. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    no, my big toe hurts and I'm a little gassy
    50 Mg Indomethacin for the toe. You are on your own for the gas.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Sorry about the gout flare-up Ken.
    old lawn mower injury, like the feeling of a knuckle that needs to be cracked, but will not? it is most annoying. flu ay? no shot?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    old lawn mower injury, like the feeling of a knuckle that needs to be cracked, but will not? it is most annoying. flu ay? no shot?
    I have an appointment with croaker in a few weeks for the annual. Shot then. He hates when I call him that. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

JD, does anyone remember what Ross Perot espoused when he ran as a 3rd party candidate. He was probably the only 3rd party candidate since TR that looked like he had a shot. What lasting legacy has any 3rd party candidate really left?

Even RP has made most of his impact by being a thorn in the side of one of the major parties. I like a lot of what Libertarians stand for. Although I do actually wonder if one ever became POTUS would they be "just another politician" ...

In the end, on Nov. 7 if I woke up to find that the # of votes that went Libertarian were just about the # of votes that were enough to give Obama the "flexibility" he'd have so he could cozy up to Putin, I'd be kicking myself around the block.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    JD, does anyone remember what Ross Perot espoused when he ran as a 3rd party candidate. He was probably the only 3rd party candidate since TR that looked like he had a shot. What lasting legacy has any 3rd party candidate really left?

Even RP has made most of his impact by being a thorn in the side of one of the major parties. I like a lot of what Libertarians stand for. Although I do actually wonder if one ever became POTUS would they be "just another politician" ...

In the end, on Nov. 7 if I woke up to find that the # of votes that went Libertarian were just about the # of votes that were enough to give Obama the "flexibility" he'd have so he could cozy up to Putin, I'd be kicking myself around the block.
    If I remember correctly Ross Perot was telling us that the country needed to be run more like a busines. UB will remember. Hope to see his answer soon. I thought that Ross sounded good and I voted for him.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

1) I don't want the government in any aspect of my life; not healthcare, abortion, birth control or Social Security. The government should be restricted to its original design which is protecting The Constitution, defending our soil and providing the infastructure for commerce. If they did, we would be paying zero income tax and our Free Market economy would be the envy of the world.

2) Obama or Romney, we all lose! Both are owned by special interest.

3) We will have a third Party President in 2016. That's beacuse no matter Obama or Romney, our national Deficit will be upwards of 22 TRILLION by 2015, the dollar won't buy much and that will make the productive among us look for an alternative. Rand Paul is a Libertarian working within the Republican Party and a very strict Constitutionalist. Right now, the two party system is the only way of getting any media attention. Gary Johnson is being shut out of the debates! I woud suggest anyone that is interested to read Rand's new book, "Government Bullies". The Forward of the book is written by his father.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-21-2012 at 07:00 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.