The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The want or don't want conundrum

Quote Originally Posted by Dixiedog78 View Post
    I do not believe Romney is the solution to all our problems but I do know for a fact that if the currect president gets reelected, we as a nation, will face some of the darkest most challenging days that this counrty has ever seen.......JMHO
    Better hunker down then because Romney is not going to win!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    JD, does anyone remember what Ross Perot espoused when he ran as a 3rd party candidate. He was probably the only 3rd party candidate since TR that looked like he had a shot. What lasting legacy has any 3rd party candidate really left?

Even RP has made most of his impact by being a thorn in the side of one of the major parties. I like a lot of what Libertarians stand for. Although I do actually wonder if one ever became POTUS would they be "just another politician" ...

In the end, on Nov. 7 if I woke up to find that the # of votes that went Libertarian were just about the # of votes that were enough to give Obama the "flexibility" he'd have so he could cozy up to Putin, I'd be kicking myself around the block.
    I do, I beleive his philosophy was;

"....just pop the hood and tinker a ltlle bit!"

"....this is not about me!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xT8jS3Y1aQ
    Last edited by road kill; 09-21-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I do, I beleive his philosophy was;

"....just pop the hood and tinker a ltlle bit!"

"....this is not about me!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xT8jS3Y1aQ

The little "Handgrenade with a bad haircut" only ran as an antagonist to the elder Bush, which he, if not hated, disliked enough to spend millions on his campaign, not necessarily to win, but to make sure Bush didn't win. Subsequently, we got 4 years of the biggest, if not lier for sure the Prevaricator in Chief. So Perot won...at least in his eyes, because he succeeded in accomplishing what he wanted.

Unlike what the curent crop of 3rd party believers think they will accomplish. They are so angry that NOBODY sees through their prism, they are willing to throw the election to Obama, all the while trying to convince us they are NOT in his deceitful web. What a batch of total FOOLS.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Banned

Romney's best chances would be if he would just shut up. He doesn't convey his thoughts very clearly. People can and have interpreted what he has been saying as an elitist that doesn't care about anybody but the upper crust of people. I have given him the benefit of the doubt and realize that what he says is not actually what he means. I do believe he means well and has good intentions. Maybe he should have somebody write his speeches and use a teleprompter. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Romney's best chances would be if he would just shut up. He doesn't convey his thoughts very clearly. People can and have interpreted what he has been saying as an elitist that doesn't care about anybody but the upper crust of people. I have given him the benefit of the doubt and realize that what he says is not actually what he means. I do believe he means well and has good intentions. Maybe he should have somebody write his speeches and use a teleprompter. LOL

Pot meet kettle
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Pot meet kettle
    Not really stirring the pot on this one. I actually believe he has good intentions. I just don't think he conveys his message very well with comments about the "47%" and something else about latinos. I am not sure what that was, but again, I think it was misinterpreted. I really don't think he is going to win either. I've been wrong before though.

As 'cheeseheads' go, your as big into class envy as anyone I have heard of. What union do you belong to?

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Ever consider having somebody else write your posts?

From another Wisconsinite, a slightly different interpretation of what Romney had to say.

UB

Paul Ryan: “Under The Obama Economy, Government Dependency Is Up”

Written By:
    Rob Port
    Sep 19, 2012

While admitting that his running mate Mitt Romney was “obviously inarticulate” in talking about the 47% of voters who don’t have an income tax burden, Vice President candidate Paul Ryan points to the larger issue. Under Obama, we have fewer Americans who are self-sufficient and more Americans who are dependent on the government.

Via NBC:
    “He was obviously inarticulate in making this point,” Ryan said in an interview with KRNV. “The point we’re trying to make here is under the Obama economy, government dependency is up and economic stagnation is up, and what we’re trying to achieve is getting people off of government dependency and back to a job that pays well and gets them onto a path of prosperity.” …

Asked if Romney regrets what he said, Ryan responded: “Oh, I think he would have said it differently, that’s for sure, but the point still stands. We have too many people becoming too dependent upon government because of the poor economic policies of the Obama administration.”
    I don’t know how you argue with this. Is there anyone out there who will (publicly, anyway) defend higher levels of government dependence as a positive trend? Cutting through all the nonsense about Romney being a rich, out-of-touch plutocrat, under Obama what we have is fewer people working, and more people depending on the government.

That’s Obama’s record, and it needs to change.

Banned

Bill,
    I have told you in private messages and on here about 2 things that you keep repeating. One, I am a transplant from SD to WI. Secondly, I don't belong to a union, I actually work in management. I have stated it before and I will state it again. I was looked down upon growing up by the "more fortunate" kids in my town. My family was not part of the country club crowd, we were just hard working people trying to stay afloat. Never took any govt handouts either. We made due with what we had. I was ridiculed because I wore hand me down clothes and didn't live in a fancy house. I would like to see some of those snooty bastages have to live and grow up the way I did. They would have a different attitude. People talk about entitlement mentality that runs rampant in the Democrat party. what about the rich kids that think they are entitled to the job in the corner office because that's where daddy works, not because they are qualified, but because daddy is the big man on campus. I do not have class envy, I have rich people that think they are better than others because of who their daddy is and how much money daddy makes "Disgust". It appears to me that you were one of those more fortunate kids growing up that looked down their nose at people like me. You continue to look down your nose at people like me. Maybe I am reading you wrong though.
    Last edited by murral stark; 09-21-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Bill,
    I have told you in private messages and on here about 2 things that you keep repeating. One, I am a transplant from SD to WI. Secondly, I don't belong to a union, I actually work in management. I have stated it before and I will state it again. I was looked down upon growing up by the "more fortunate" kids in my town. My family was not part of the country club crowd, we were just hard working people trying to stay afloat. Never took any govt handouts either. We made due with what we had. I was ridiculed because I wore hand me down clothes and didn't live in a fancy house. I would like to see some of those snooty bastages have to live and grow up the way I did. They would have a different attitude. People talk about entitlement mentality that runs rampant in the Democrat party. what about the rich kids that think they are entitled to the job in the corner office because that's where daddy works, not because they are qualified, but because daddy is the big man on campus. I do not have class envy, I have rich people that think they are better than others because of who their daddy is and how much money daddy makes disgust. It appears to me that you were one of those more fortunate kids growing up that looked down their nose at people like me. that's just the impression I get. I might be reading you totally wrong.
    You 'might' be. Here's only one example I'll share. I went to my first year of college at Jamestown, ND. It cost me 949.00 total, from shoe polish to hair oil, all paid for by cream money made from my share of milking 13 cows every day, mornings before school, and after getting home from school and sports practice, many times as late as 7 PM at night.

I couldn't, however, have had it as bad as you did. Going through life as you are must be pure misery. You have my sympathies.

UB

PS This will be my final post answering you, or commenting on anything you have to say. We both know all we need to about each others views, so no need to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    You 'might' be. Here's only one example I'll share. I went to my first year of college at Jamestown, ND. It cost me 949.00 total, from shoe polish to hair oil, all paid for by cream money made from my share of milking 13 cows every day, mornings before school, and after getting home from school and sports practice, many times as late as 7 PM at night.

I couldn't, however, have had it as bad as you did. Going through life as you are must be pure misery. You have my sympathies.

UB

PS This will be my final post answering you, or commenting on anything you have to say. We both know all we need to about each others views, so no need to continue.
    ...and Murral, this is the return to the America that Bill and his ilk want to foist upon us. Walking to school, our shoes re-enforced with cardboard, a potato for dinner (shared). On Sat. we go to town, buy some staples and a penny candy...
    Oh yes. We want to return to the America we recognize.

Well, Bill, I can tell you. I don't recognize the America of my youth either, and it started with the the Messiah Reagan.

The republican party has been responsible for almost every woe we have today. ...and no, I'll not cite chapter and verse.

I've not 100% decided to cast a vote for GJ, but I can assure you that if I did, it would not take a single vote away from the smarmy ticket that the R's present.

I know that nothing I post here will change any minds. You and Mike and those like-minded have set their sails and plotted their course. I wish you happy sailing. As I indicated in Ken's poll, I believe Romney will win. $ counts. Plus you have the SCOTUS on your side.

On a side note Murral, Bill has said that he will ignore you. Don't count on it. He also said in a previous post that he would not make personnal attacks. He seems unable or unwillinng.

Secular progessive, SFN, syncophantic, toady regards, JDoggerrrr.

Please don't light the spelling police as your only responce
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift