The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: did you all hear we just spent 70 thousand in pakistan on TV adds?

Default did you all hear we just spent 70 thousand in pakistan on TV adds?

well did ya?
    it was on Vermont public radio yesterday. The President and Hilary condeming the vid that "caused" the murder of our ambasidor and the others in a TV add that we had to pay to get on the air in of all places pakistan??? HUH?
    I never seen any muslim clerics buyin' a spot in the middle of the price is right sayin' sorry for 9-11?
    Did I miss it?
    This is a goofy as it gets. OUR tax dollars to say we are sorry for OUR guy gettin kilt???
    HUH?
    could any of you all more wiser than me help me wrap my feeble war mongerin' brain round this please?
    Seems in the old days we would just have the Navy lob a few of those shells the size of a ford pinto onto thier azz. Dosent that work any more?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    well did ya?
    it was on Vermont public radio yesterday. The President and Hilary condeming the vid that "caused" the murder of our ambasidor and the others in a TV add that we had to pay to get on the air in of all places pakistan??? HUH?
    I never seen any muslim clerics buyin' a spot in the middle of the price is right sayin' sorry for 9-11?
    Did I miss it?
    This is a goofy as it gets. OUR tax dollars to say we are sorry for OUR guy gettin kilt???
    HUH?
    could any of you all more wiser than me help me wrap my feeble war mongerin' brain round this please?
    Seems in the old days we would just have the Navy lob a few of those shells the size of a ford pinto onto thier azz. Dosent that work any more?
    Yep, I beleive it was ME that stated earlier that Sharia Law now trumps the First Amendment!!!!

Ain't it wonderful????
    Stan b & Elvis

Yes Stan it seems you did say that.
    some did not agree, gosh who was it????????
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Sharia Law is a scary thing to be creeping its head here in the states....watching the news this morning and watching the violence in Pakistan makes me wonder WHY we give the Karzaid govt another dime...I would cut funding off within the hour...

But the POTUS is so busy on his re election tour while all around him is crumbling..the fuse has been lit, the powder keg is ready to explode, its time to wake up people
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I am sure we paid at least ten times the going rate for TV ads in that rat hole country!

In 2002, Bush 43 upped the contribution to 18 Billion. The agency that monitors the money claims that up to 70% of it does not end up where intended. I would invite all of you to watch Rand Paul's comments to the Senate on this, from this week since he is the only one that has addressed it and many Repubs have critizied him for saying so. See Lindsay Graham's comments.

Our Foreign Policy has been dysfunctional for at least the last 50 years and won't change in the next four as both Dem and Repub Congressmen overwhelmingly support it. Some of that money is in the form of rent for our airbases. Rent we are paying to protect them though Pakistanis hate the USA.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-21-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Yup, Ken, seems crazy to me.

I think the P'stani govt is still ticked off about the Bin Laden caper ... that they were not informed of the incursion. It was after that, (I think I have the timeline right) that they started asking much more bucks for each truck that crossed P'stan to get supplies to A'stan. I think the price was raised from $5000 to $15,000/truck-vehicle. (I think it was negotiated down from the highest price they asked for. I'm guessing that these "fees" are buried in the military budget so it seems likely that they are in addition to their foreign aid. Wonder how much $ we really give to P'stan?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

There is one benefit to sharia. I wouldn't mind seeing Hillary draped in black.

Let's see how she likes it.

We live in Cuba now.

There is alot of fighting in the streets today in Pakistan seems they didnt think the Pres really meant his apology, maybe he should send flowers they would have been cheapier than $70K
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Yup, Ken, seems crazy to me.

I think the P'stani govt is still ticked off about the Bin Laden caper ... that they were not informed of the incursion. It was after that, (I think I have the timeline right) that they started asking much more bucks for each truck that crossed P'stan to get supplies to A'stan. I think the price was raised from $5000 to $15,000/truck-vehicle. (I think it was negotiated down from the highest price they asked for. I'm guessing that these "fees" are buried in the military budget so it seems likely that they are in addition to their foreign aid. Wonder how much $ we really give to P'stan?
    Don't forget that the Pakistani government has imprisoned for life the doctor that tipped us off to the whereabouts of OBL.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Don't forget that the Pakistani government has imprisoned for life the doctor that tipped us off to the whereabouts of OBL.
    Okay, I won't.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth