The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: did you all hear we just spent 70 thousand in pakistan on TV adds?

we send money to china for foreign development??????
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I am sure we paid at least ten times the going rate for TV ads in that rat hole country!

wonder if it is government owned?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    we send money to china for foreign development??????
    Yes we do, isn't that crazy!

And, Rand Paul's Bill was widely defeated last night by both parties.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-22-2012 at 08:27 AM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

figures. now when he runs for president, they will boo him for "wanting to starve children in africa"
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

as much as I am in favor of stopping foreign aid....the bill in question probably had more provisions in it than any Senators were willing to chew on right now..its easy for all us arm chair legislators to arbitrairily just say lets stop funding, but foreign aid bills have so many earmarks and pork barrel project attached to them

I have not read the bill but would venture to guess that the bill was too extreme in its wording,and trying to get a bill of this nature passed less than sixty days before a national election was a lesson in futility...There is also a chance that Rand Paul had no co sponsor on the bill and as a first term Senator has little clout on the Hill to garner the support needed to pass the legislation
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The Bill put forth by Rand in the Senate involve three countries with three provisions.

That Libya brings the murders to justice and promises to secure our Consulate.
    That Egypt promise to secure our Embassy.
    That Pakistan free the doctor that tip us off to the whereabouts of OBL and protect our Embassy.

That's it!

And the Repubs and Dems both voted against it! Rand is getting the same treatment his father experienced in the House.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Well there you have it, you are dealing with Three separate countries under one bill, that was doomed from the get go, the deal with the Pakistani doctor stinks to high heaven, the state dept did him dirty and they know it ,his identity should have never been exposed

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Well there you have it, you are dealing with Three separate countries under one bill, that was doomed from the get go, the deal with the Pakistani doctor stinks to high heaven, the state dept did him dirty and they know it ,his identity should have never been exposed
    As soon as I'm finished with lunch, I'll post the Bill and the votes.

Here is the vote;
    http://politics.nytimes.com/congress...2/senate/2/196

Here is the Bill
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:S.3576:
    Last edited by Franco; 09-22-2012 at 12:17 PM.

As soon as I'm finished with lunch, I'll post the Bill and the votes.

Here is the vote;
    http://politics.nytimes.com/congress...2/senate/2/196

Here is the Bill
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:S.3576:

Well HOW do you expect to deal with Libya ? we couldnt even get Kadafy to hand over the Lockerbie bomber, and what govt do you deal with, who is in power and do we even have diplomatic ties with that country...

Pakistan- you're dealing with a crook in Karzaid

Egypt- again you're dealing with a fledgling govt, we dont even know who is in charge

its all good that Rand Paul wants those responsible brought to justice but when the administration wont even admit that it was a terror attack who do they go after....

not sure what Senator Paul had in mind but the bill looks like it was just thrown together and did not have much foresight and if anything was a bit of grandstanding...it was doomed from the start

If we don't know who is in charge, then why are we giving them any money? If Libya wants money, then caugh up the murderers. Pakistan has several times proven they are not an alley, pull all the money. And, it Egypt doesn't re-endorse the Camp David Accords, screw them too!