The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ross Perot

Default Ross Perot

I actually voted for him - he had a message that made a lot of sense - while he was a little dingy - I guess that's a TX thing . I didn't feel I was throwing my vote a way because I agreed with his platform - Funny, I can't remember the other guys in that election, other than I thought they were both proven stinkers - unlike today where only one has shown himself to be in above his competence level . What was his campaign slogan "United We Stand"? Also donated to the campaign .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I actually voted for him - he had a message that made a lot of sense - while he was a little dingy - I guess that's a TX thing . I didn't feel I was throwing my vote a way because I agreed with his platform - Funny, I can't remember the other guys in that election, other than I thought they were both proven stinkers - unlike today where only one has shown himself to be in above his competence level . What was his campaign slogan "United We Stand"? Also donated to the campaign .
    I voted for him also. As in this election year I was not happy with the Dems and Pubs that were running for prez.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

I too voted for Perot because I figured he wouldn't take any crap from Iran..the man put his money behind his talk, really liked that he tried to help get the hostages freed
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

But, as I stated in a different thread, while he succeeded in getting what HE wanted, the rest of us got Clinton. Pretty much what will happen if another 3rd party of ignorants think they can change the 2 party system in mid-stream. Regardless of how they vote, they will get nothing they like...BUT, they will get what they deserve.

What I find incredulous is why the likes of Franco and JDogger and some of the other 3rd party advocates are so convinced of their views, why didn't they climb on board that Perot campaign and build from there? Why didn't they fire up all(?) the Ron Paul believers to act on what they wanted for this nation? Get some constituents developed at the various state levels. Get involved in promoting their constitutional views. Develope some grass roots support.

The answer to that is, they are like a batch of children. They don't want to WORK for anything...they want to, like Perot, start at the top and expect everyone to fawn over their beliefs. Even if Perot had succeeded, who would he have had in Congress to support him? Hellsbells, Ron Paul hasn't been able to muster any support for his views in all the years he's been in Congress, but as President of a 3rd party, we are supposed to buy into Franco's belief that Paul would change the world. So now, those children are going to pout and take their votes to their toy box, so they can 'punish' the rest of us. Talk about convoluted...

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Bill, you really are uninformed. Your post makes zero sense! I suggest you stop believing all those bogus emails you keep posting on here.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-21-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    But, as I stated in a different thread, while he succeeded in getting what HE wanted, the rest of us got Clinton. Pretty much what will happen if another 3rd party of ignorants think they can change the 2 party system in mid-stream. Regardless of how they vote, they will get nothing they like...BUT, they will get what they deserve.

What I find incredulous is why the likes of Franco and JDogger and some of the other 3rd party advocates are so convinced of their views, why didn't they climb on board that Perot campaign and build from there? Why didn't they fire up all(?) the Ron Paul believers to act on what they wanted for this nation? Get some constituents developed at the various state levels. Get involved in promoting their constitutional views. Develope some grass roots support.

The answer to that is, they are like a batch of children. They don't want to WORK for anything...they want to, like Perot, start at the top and expect everyone to fawn over their beliefs. Even if Perot had succeeded, who would he have had in Congress to support him? Hellsbells, Ron Paul hasn't been able to muster any support for his views in all the years he's been in Congress, but as President of a 3rd party, we are supposed to buy into Franco's belief that Paul would change the world. So now, those children are going to pout and take their votes to their toy box, so they can 'punish' the rest of us. Talk about convoluted...

UB
    Other than the Monica Lewinsky fiasco, what was the problem with Clinton? Balanced budget, surplus money, jobs were plentiful. Other than the fact that he is a Democrat, what was the problem with him?

Ross Perot was to George Bush SR. and the republican party what Ralph Nadar was to Al Gore and the Democratic party.

Everything was fine when Ross upset the election but the Dems wanted to Run Ralph out of town and called foul on the whole deal, go figure????
    How The West was Won ( Colt)
    Delilahs Addicted to Mischief ( Delilah) My Jammin little girl
    Extreme Dixies Rebel Yell ( Dixie ) JH
    Dawsons Little Sable (Sable) 12 /08 - 5/14 , We'll hunt again someday girl.

St. Thomas, the great doctor and theologian, warns about the proper use of animals, lest they appear at the final Judgment against us: and God himself will take vengeance on all who misuse his creatures.

Let me add that I worked for that company that ass created called EDS. The men were such bigots. I worked on the Base Realignment and Closure Committee. Do any of you people remember such a thing. Back during the Clinton era. I programmed many spreadsheets on the prices of things that they were stripping from the bases. I was defamed by my boss for wearing a nice pant suit into the office. I could wear whatever I wanted when I was at the gov offices along the beltway. This was in 1995. How do you think I felt after what happened to me to have a bastard boss tell me I had to wear a skirt. So before you post such dumb crap on this forum you need to think about your lady friends who served in the Military. Many of us don't appreciate it. Many of us worked hard and long just like the guys. Yes my legs are not blown off but it is a thing of respect. Don't defame anyone because of their sex. The women suffered just as bad as the Men during Desert Storm and other Wars of the past. I have met many women vets who served as nurses during WWII and Vietnam. They deserve some respect too!!

Quote Originally Posted by featherqwest View Post
    Let me add that I worked for that company that ass created called EDS. The men were such bigots. I worked on the Base Realignment and Closure Committee. Do any of you people remember such a thing. Back during the Clinton era. I programmed many spreadsheets on the prices of things that they were stripping from the bases. I was defamed by my boss for wearing a nice pant suit into the office. I could wear whatever I wanted when I was at the gov offices along the beltway. This was in 1995. How do you think I felt after what happened to me to have a bastard boss tell me I had to wear a skirt. So before you post such dumb crap on this forum you need to think about your lady friends who served in the Military. Many of us don't appreciate it. Many of us worked hard and long just like the guys. Yes my legs are not blown off but it is a thing of respect. Don't defame anyone because of their sex. The women suffered just as bad as the Men during Desert Storm and other Wars of the past. I have met many women vets who served as nurses during WWII and Vietnam. They deserve some respect too!!
    I am not a mean women. I just like to get along with everyone. Men please remember that many gals are in the sport too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post

UB
    UB - Good Post - We got Clinton & 2 years into his regime we got a R congress that made Clinton look good. If you look at the libertarian agenda it's a mishmash of disaffected D's & R's that together have produced something that is totally unworkable, with Pinochio in the drivers seat today. Goldwater was the last politico of libertarian bent that made sense .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!