The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Western Montana

  1. #31
    Senior Member Annette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Scottdale ,AZ
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Congratulations to all the Am placers RJ and Jams.
    Nancy and Lilly congratultions on the AFC.
    Field trialer. I have an FC Golden Retriever and running trials Casey and a retired FT black lab Lightning.
    Marie Annette Doherty

  2. #32
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,184

    Default

    I would like to thank the Western Montana Retriever Club for their hospitality. They put on an excellent trial with great help. The thrower's and shooter's were second to none. The accomodations at Mark & Kathy Scott's place were nice and relaxing.

    I would also like to thank Barb Furlano & John Pampy for going above & beyond to keep the AM moving and get it completed on time... you two were amazing and I neglected to tell you that before you left the grounds yesterday.

    A special mention goes out to Jerry VanderZanden who makes the judges gifts which are wood bowls from the various types of wood found in the area. Mine was a beautiful bowl made of Box Elder. Thank you Jerry.

    Anyone who like to eat as much as I do would surely appreciate the fine lunches that were made and delivered by Betsy Potter. The sandwhiches alone were so big that I (almost) couldn't eat the rest of the lunch... But the cookies and other items in the bag were so good I could not resist. I've only seen one other club anywhere come close to providing lunches like that for the judges and help in all the time I've been around the game. They were very much appreciated... Thanks Betsy!

    Lastly, thanks to my co-judge, Ron Adlington. It was a pleasure. You were fun to judge with.
    Last edited by huntinman; 09-25-2012 at 08:11 PM.
    Bill Davis

  3. #33
    Senior Member John Robinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bigfork, Montana
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I would like to thank the Western Montana Retriever Club for their hospitality. They put on an excellent trial with great help. The thrower's and shooter's were second to none. The accomodations at Mark & Kathy Scott's place were nice and relaxing.

    I would also like to thank Barb Furlano & John Pampy for going above & beyond to keep the AM moving and get it completed on time... you two were amazing and I neglected to tell you that before you left the grounds yesterday.

    A special mention goes out to Jerry VanderZanden who makes the judges gifts which are wood bowls form the various types of wood found in the area. Mine was a beautiful bowl made of Box Elder. Thank you Jerry.

    Lastly, thanks to my co-judge, Ron Adlington. It was a pleasure. You were fun to judge with.
    Thank you Bill for making it a fun trial for us to run. Very nice test but just as important from a handlers standpoint is the judges demenor. Some judges are uptight and inbude a whole tense atmosphere at the line which makes it hard for a handler to relax and run his dog, you guys were relaxed and set up an atmosphere where we felt you were rooting for the dog to do well. I wish Gus hadn't broken in that last series, would of loved to see if he could do that test.

    John

  4. #34
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Thank you Bill for making it a fun trial for us to run. Very nice test but just as important from a handlers standpoint is the judges demenor. Some judges are uptight and inbude a whole tense atmosphere at the line which makes it hard for a handler to relax and run his dog, you guys were relaxed and set up an atmosphere where we felt you were rooting for the dog to do well. I wish Gus hadn't broken in that last series, would of loved to see if he could do that test.

    John

    Thanks John, I enjoyed meeting you and watching your fine Goldens run. I was pulling for your boy there in the 4th. It was good to be back in the Great Northwest even though it was only a few days... It was good to see some other old field trial friends again as well. Can't wait to get back again...
    Bill Davis

  5. #35
    Senior Member Howard N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    7,687

    Default

    Can't wait to get back again...
    Well, buy a puppy and getcherazz to training. Can't start any sooner.
    Howard Niemi

    You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

    get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

  6. #36
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard N View Post
    Well, buy a puppy and getcherazz to training. Can't start any sooner.
    Well... now that you mention it... there is a little breeding coming up.
    Bill Davis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •