The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Our New Flag

  1. #21
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    I found that flag offensive, no matter what its intent was. Saw this campaign sticker at a dove hunt last week...now this is one I'd buy! LOL
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    You can get the T-shirts here.
    http://www.cafepress.com/dd/69507169

  3. #23
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    You can get the T-shirts here.
    http://www.cafepress.com/dd/69507169
    I was referring to official endorsed Obama merchandise from Obama's site. Not stuff that any yahoo can produce.
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 09-23-2012 at 10:16 PM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I was referring to official endorsed Obama merchandise from Obama's site. Not stuff that any yahoo can produce.
    I was talking about the post above mine.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Nate_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    I agree with you that is the most disgusting thing i have ever seen.
    Really this is the most disgusting thing you have ever seen. All the horrific violent acts that have been done to people in the world, In the last week alone Syria is killing it's citizens, an one of our ambassador was murdered...ect... but a an artistic interpretation of the flag mixed in to a political poster is worse?

    Sure it was a mistake. It was too close to a real flag, but they create these types of things all the time, This election year 10,000 will be created and sometimes some mid level worker misses something like this. Just a "sorry that was to close to a us flag" will do and move on to real issues. Trying to be the flag police is silly.

    flag 1.jpg

  6. #26
    Senior Member gmhr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    thats not the image this is

    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

  7. #27
    Senior Member starjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    Really this is the most disgusting thing you have ever seen. All the horrific violent acts that have been done to people in the world, In the last week alone Syria is killing it's citizens, an one of our ambassador was murdered...ect... but a an artistic interpretation of the flag mixed in to a political poster is worse?

    Sure it was a mistake. It was too close to a real flag, but they create these types of things all the time, This election year 10,000 will be created and sometimes some mid level worker misses something like this. Just a "sorry that was to close to a us flag" will do and move on to real issues. Trying to be the flag police is silly.

    flag 1.jpg
    BY whom the flag was supporting. that is what is digusting. You are right tho they did every thing to protect them right

  8. #28
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    If you take a brief look on google for flags, flag posters, stylized flags, political emblems, ad infinitem, you will surely find something to offend you. Or, maybe inspire you. I'm old enough to remember Peter Fonda and his captain america helmet and gas tank from "Easy Rider" and Abbey Hoffman with his american flag shirt from the protests of the sixties...and subsequently most objections died...

    Objections to a stylized campaign poster seem to be little over-blown, and efforts from the right to politicize any and everything seem a little desperate.

    I offer in evidence a poster I pulled off a CPAC or TP or Palin site a few years ago.



    Looks familiar, Eh? JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 09-24-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  9. #29
    Senior Member gmhr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    I guess someone on Obamas side has a brain, the Obama campaign has quietly ditched the flag poster, which now returns an error message if you try to buy it at the Obama store.
    Of course the fact that it was widely ridiculed and looked eerily similar to the aftermath of the attack on our consulate in Benghazi had nothing to do with the decision.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-24-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •