The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of the belief there is no difference...

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Why didn't he make it as the candidate? I think he was as qualified in business as Romney. their foreign relations experience is equal. One thing comes to mind "Money"He didn't have enough money to buy his candidacy. I personally think politically, Gingrich was the best candidate for the Republican party. He ran out of money too. It's sad to say, but it appears that whomever has the most money, gets the candidacy. In both parties.

the issue with both Herman and Newt was not the billfold in the back of the trousers, but the zipper in the front of the trousers.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    smart girl, I like her already!
    I like her too. Other than the fact that she spoils my dogs rotten. HA HA HA!!! When I scold the dog a little, she steps in and says " come on baby, let's go back in the house and get away from that grouchy guy." The dogs eat it up. She only does it occasionally. For the most part she lets me train them, just sometimes she is feeling frisky and takes them back in the house.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    the issue with both Herman and Newt was not the billfold in the back of the trousers, but the zipper in the front of the trousers.
    That's funny right there.

Obama was asked on the View about Libya,

Was the Libya attack terrorism?
    “There’s no doubt that the kind of weapons that were used, the ongoing assault, that it wasn’t just a mob action. What’s clear is that, around the world, there are still a lot of threats out there,” the president said.

He should tell Biden that he thinks Osama Bin Laden is dead and we are safe!

you can read the whole obama interview at gretawire.com I'm glad bo has Hillary to tend to the important stuff at the U.N. so he could make a TV appearance. Maybe thats how we ended up with a few bumps in the road in the ME Obama was to busy to make the meetings
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-24-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Probably the best governor I have ever seen was George Mickelson. He died tragically while in flight to Washington. And he was a Republican.
    The post was about McGovern - a little guy - who like the present POTUS was severely unqualified

Romney was successful at taking over struggling businesses, milking what money he could out of them and dismantling them, the whole time displacing workers that needed the jobs. Did he offer those displaced by his dismantling of their company, jobs at another facility that he owned? The old song says, "C'mon, take the money and run." Sounds fitting doesn't it.
    This post shows how little you know of the business & financial world - What Bain Capital did was very common when they got involved - there are always business's that can be better managed - I have owned a mutual fund for longer than Bain Capital has existed that specialized in this sort of arbitrage -

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    The post was about McGovern - a little guy - who like the present POTUS was severely unqualified

This post shows how little you know of the business & financial world - What Bain Capital did was very common when they got involved - there are always business's that can be better managed - I have owned a mutual fund for longer than Bain Capital has existed that specialized in this sort of arbitrage -
    Well there you have it folks...Marvin is older than dirt.

I better add a smiley, but it don't seem to work. Right Murral? JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post

I better add a smiley, but it don't seem to work. Right Murral? JD
    Didn't work for me any way. HA HA HA!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

I know you were talking about McGovern. I was just making a statement about Mickelson. Sorry about the confusion. So you condone buying a business and dismantling it rather than fixing it and keeping the people there working? We hear so much about the need for jobs and a guy buys businesses, guts them, displaces the workers and smiles all the way to the bank. That's ok then? So we shouldn't worry about these types of things. The workers this type of practice displaces are inconsequential. They're just collateral damage.

Banned

So, in your opinion, no little guy would ever be qualified? Or just that one? What makes someone qualified? That is why we keep getting the same old song and dance from the white house. A lot of people must've thought Obama was qualified because he managed to get elected. He probably won't get re-elected though.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    JD - As long as you broached the subject, I'm going to give you an opportunity to exhibit your vast breadth of knowledge about dirt . If I am older than the upper .163" of a layer of average dirt but younger than .164", how long does it take to make 1" of topsoil?

So you condone buying a business and dismantling it rather than fixing it and keeping the people there working? We hear so much about the need for jobs and a guy buys businesses, guts them, displaces the workers and smiles all the way to the bank. That's ok then? So we shouldn't worry about these types of things. The workers this type of practice displaces are inconsequential. They're just collateral damage.
    I condone whatever works for the situation - not every business is salvable, if they were, another operating entity would bring them on board. Which also happens even when taken over.

But let's see how big a hypocrite you are, do you check country of origin on your purchases, if you don't then you are a hypocrite . I do & do without if I believe the practices in that country are not competitive.

On my way through life I worked with many of those you describe, all do not deserve any more than to reap what they sowed.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!