The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of the belief there is no difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    JD - As long as you broached the subject, I'm going to give you an opportunity to exhibit your vast breadth of knowledge about dirt . If I am older than the upper .163" of a layer of average dirt but younger than .164", how long does it take to make 1" of topsoil?
    Assuming that the topsoil has been formed naturally and not through keyline design that would make you just shy of your 82nd birthday. So technically not "older than dirt". My apologies.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    The post was about McGovern - a little guy - who like the present POTUS was severely unqualified

This post shows how little you know of the business & financial world - What Bain Capital did was very common when they got involved - there are always business's that can be better managed - I have owned a mutual fund for longer than Bain Capital has existed that specialized in this sort of arbitrage -
    I suggest you look up the word arbitrage....I don't think your investment is arbitrage.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I know you were talking about McGovern. I was just making a statement about Mickelson. Sorry about the confusion. So you condone buying a business and dismantling it rather than fixing it and keeping the people there working? We hear so much about the need for jobs and a guy buys businesses, guts them, displaces the workers and smiles all the way to the bank. That's ok then? So we shouldn't worry about these types of things. The workers this type of practice displaces are inconsequential. They're just collateral damage.
    This is not what Bain does....at least not strictly like the media has so easily spoon fed you to believe. Sure they buy businesses and sometimes they don't work out but they are looking to make money not destroy peoples lives. Toy's R Us, Home Depot, Godfathers Pizza and MANY others all very much disagree with your assertion that they only buy companies to dismantle them.

Romney causes cancer regards.....

They take a little capital and leverage up good companies to take control and if the levered capital structure does not break the company, they are sucessful. The sellers make a bunch of money and the Bain investors make a big return by leveraging a little capital.

The other senerio is they buy the debt of companies that have bad capital structures and work them out of bankruptcy and become the new equity owners, as the old debt is converted to equity.

Either of these senerios usually means job loss. However, the first one usually means unnecessary job loss, as to pay the bill on the increased debt.

Nothing wrong with either but they are pro-investor not pro-worker.

I want a president that is pro-worker not pro-investor making decisions on how to get folks working again.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    They take a little capital and leverage up good companies to take control and if the levered capital structure does not break the company, they are sucessful. The sellers make a bunch of money and the Bain investors make a big return by leveraging a little capital.

The other senerio is they buy the debt of companies that have bad capital structures and work them out of bankruptcy and become the new equity owners, as the old debt is converted to equity.

Either of these senerios usually means job loss. However, the first one usually means unnecessary job loss, as to pay the bill on the increased debt.

Nothing wrong with either but they are pro-investor not pro-worker.

I want a president that is pro-worker not pro-investor making decisions on how to get folks working again.
    Then I trust you are writing in a candidate for president?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Let us say you are correct........

.....where did Obama get his money?????
    Ditto ! Just where did that money come from ?
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Then I trust you are writing in a candidate for president?
    Obama/Biden

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    .................................................. .................. A lot of people must've thought Obama was qualified because he managed to get elected........................................... ....................
    That was why he got elected. A lot of people were not thinking ! Shoot, they weren't even listening.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Obama/Biden
    I don't know whether to call that utterly stupid or absolutely funny. What a joke.

Not near as stupid as you thinking Romney will win