The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: For those of the belief there is no difference...

Hometown: Rural Ames, IA. College: Maryville, MO

I am in college right now. I have grown up baptist and have proclaimed Christianity pretty much my entire life.Including college. I would say at the least I have been influenced by the teaching of my pastors and parents throughout my entire life. Soooo if Obama proclaimed a belief in Islam and pursued it while out of the house and in college, I would say that is proof enough that he has AT LEAST been influenced by the teachings in the mosques. Who taught him and what was he taught? Does this mean he is Muslim? Does it really matter? Only if it affects his daily decisions as the forefront representative of a secular republic, same as a Catholic or Baptist president. I believe this influence has affected his decisions, especially with Libya and the video. It cannot be argued that it seems as if Obama cares more about what the extremists think of America than the principle that America is so revered for: freedom of speech. By not reacting in a timely manner, Obama gave an impression of softness while in reality American soil was ransacked and an ambassador brutally killed. If what is said about the warnings days before is true.. Wait, it was 9/11 and the middle east. I live in Iowa and I can put 2 and 2 together!!!!! the days leading up to and after 9/11 we as a country need to be alert, especially abroad in the lions den! Only fools are not prepared. We look like a foolish nation. Again. I am sick of it.
    Also, mngundog, young people are typically smarter than given credit for. The only comment I heard about Madonna today was that she was still hot for being old. I am tired of all my liberal professors speaking against Fox. Look at all the other news media outlets. Not much better, just slanted the way you want it so you find it more agreable (you as in people who hate on Fox, not you specifically).
    Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Lot's of kids have parents of different religious beliefs. Kids I grew up with had one parent baptist and one parent catholic. they went to both churches out of respect for their parents. A lot of those kids said the same things, raised a catholic, went to catholic school and yes even said they were catholics. when they got old enough to decide, the kids chose which religion to follow. Some stayed with the catholic faith and others went to the baptist faith. Is it possible that is the case with Obama? Or because he went to the places mentioned,that automatically makes him a muslim? Did he also go to a christian church with his mother?
    Perhaps they as adults no longer subscribe to the respective religions, but don't try for a second to pretened those religious teachings had no affect on the upbringing on these kids.

And don't try to BS about the people Obama was raised by had no affect on his character either.

Get real...........................
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
    I am in college right now. I have grown up baptist and have proclaimed Christianity pretty much my entire life.Including college. I would say at the least I have been influenced by the teaching of my pastors and parents throughout my entire life. Soooo if Obama proclaimed a belief in Islam and pursued it while out of the house and in college, I would say that is proof enough that he has AT LEAST been influenced by the teachings in the mosques. Who taught him and what was he taught? Does this mean he is Muslim? Does it really matter? Only if it affects his daily decisions as the forefront representative of a secular republic, same as a Catholic or Baptist president. I believe this influence has affected his decisions, especially with Libya and the video. It cannot be argued that it seems as if Obama cares more about what the extremists think of America than the principle that America is so revered for: freedom of speech. By not reacting in a timely manner, Obama gave an impression of softness while in reality American soil was ransacked and an ambassador brutally killed. If what is said about the warnings days before is true.. Wait, it was 9/11 and the middle east. I live in Iowa and I can put 2 and 2 together!!!!! the days leading up to and after 9/11 we as a country need to be alert, especially abroad in the lions den! Only fools are not prepared. We look like a foolish nation. Again. I am sick of it.
    Also, mngundog, young people are typically smarter than given credit for. The only comment I heard about Madonna today was that she was still hot for being old. I am tired of all my liberal professors speaking against Fox. Look at all the other news media outlets. Not much better, just slanted the way you want it so you find it more agreable (you as in people who hate on Fox, not you specifically).
    I for one enjoy Fox News far better than any other network for listening to politics, with that being said you have to take it with a grain of salt, about 20% good information and 80% pandering. The problem is they will take a ridiculous story, like the Madonna story, and a few of their followers out their will take that as gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
    Good post...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Perhaps they as adults no longer subscribe to the respective religions, but don't try for a second to pretened those religious teachings had no affect on the upbringing on these kids.

And don't try to BS about the people Obama was raised by had no affect on his character either.

Get real...........................
    Exactly ! lots of people keep skipping over the fact of how he was raised/taught. We are the sum of how we were raised/taught in almost every case. It is a rare person who can change that input. I don't think that Obama is one of those people who can do that. The things that he says tell us he has not changed much if any.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Banned

We will just have to agree to disagree. I will never change your mind and you will never change mine. You beilieve he is muslim and I do not.

We will just have to agree to disagree. I will never change your mind and you will never change mine. You beilieve he is muslim and I do not.
    I don't care what his religion is... he is bankrupting the country... He and his telepromter need to go.
    Bill Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I don't care what his religion is... he is bankrupting the country... He and his telepromter need to go.
    If people don't care whether he is a muslim or christian, why do they keep bringing it up? Let the muslim thing go, cast your vote and let the chips fall where they may. People are hung up on way too much trivial stuff, rather than what's really important. How are we as a country, going to put our differences aside, and work together toward a common goal of what is best for everybody. Not just one group or another.

If people don't care whether he is a muslim or christian, why do they keep bringing it up? Let the muslim thing go, cast your vote and let the chips fall where they may. People are hung up on way too much trivial stuff, rather than what's really important. How are we as a country, going to put our differences aside, and work together toward a common goal of what is best for everybody. Not just one group or another.
    I've never brought up his religion. If I have let me know. What I think is important I mentioned in my previous post... or did you miss that? Lets work together to replace him... OK?
    Bill Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I've never brought up his religion. If I have let me know. What I think is important I mentioned in my previous post... or did you miss that? Lets work together to replace him... OK?
    Sorry Mr. Davis. I didn't mean to lump you in with people that constantly bring up his religion. If replacing him is going to be the best for all people involved, I am all for it. I don't believe that any one person can do all of the things necessary to get us back on track. I do believe if we work as a team, we will accomplish great things. When people are infighting amongst themselves, nothing gets done. And that is where we are at the current time.