The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: First Junior Hunt Test Question

Thanks for all of the advice. The test is OCT 6th... i will be sure to post about how it went! If it was a normal day, he would surely pass... but like everyone pointed out... with the distractions it is a whole new game!

All - Had the test today and passed. Thanks again for the advice.

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Congrats on your pass!!! I have been following this thread to see all the advice you were given. GREAT info given so I did not add anything. Now what are you gonna do about your new ADDICTION ??
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by DropinBack View Post

Well Gee? How about a little bit more information?
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

very cool!
    snapshots??
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

great job! congratulations!

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

I just attended my first ever hunt test last werkend, and enterd my 10 month old pup in started, we passed sat and sun, and i had never attended one before. It was awesome, beware of the nerves, the will be peeking at the line, but go for it if ur pup can consistantly do 60 yard land and water retrieves, matbe a lil longer. Its awesome the cover at my test i went to was a just cut hayfield, so minimal.
    Train,Hunt,Enjoy

Details - It was in Vienna, MD. When we arrived, my dog was OUT OF CONTROL on the leash... because he was so pumped up by the other dogs... walked him around a little, but him back in the truck, and went and watched the first couple of dogs...

Brought him down when it was our turn for the land series. The first retrieve was about 50 yards in heavier cover. He did well, and brought it right back after a quick search. The 2nd was a live flyer, about 100+ yards... and our flier flew the wrong direction and was wounded at best when it fell after 5 shots... flapping... he picked it up and it flopped out after 10 yards but then got his grip and brought it back.

About 1/2 the dogs got to the water series. He did the water series perfect!

It was a great time and i was very please because it was not only my first time going to an event, but also my first time entering a dog and the dogs first time.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP AND ADVICE! We will be doing his next one on Nov 4th and hopefully finishing up his JH Title by the spring.

....... The 2nd was a live flyer, about 100+ yards... and our flier flew the wrong direction and was wounded at best when it fell after 5 shots... flapping... he picked it up and it flopped out after 10 yards but then got his grip and brought it back.........
    "we" would slip the gunners a cold bier after the test for such. nobody wants a hard to find bird when your at the line. bet it put a bit of pucker in the trousers didn't it?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

half way between Cat Springs and Raccoon Bend - Texas

Congrattulations! Glad you had a good time.
    When it stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time and money.

The Lady