The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A big brag for Gold Rudy...

Pretty dang special.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Congratulations to Dave and Rudy. Thanks for posting this John. That is quite an accomplishment. And Dave is very familiar with 2nd place as he just got a second in the AM at the GRCA with his other dog Fire as well.

Arleen

Huge congratulations, not just for such a great performance, but for keeping Rudy in such fantastic shape as he ages.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA SH MXP MJP OFP VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

Default Rudy

Was just talking to Rob (handler) as Rudy was getting ready to head to line. Rob was concerned if Rudy could handle the big swims at his age but felt his experience and wisdom could prove to be a big advantage----and it was!!! Everyone on the grounds was delighted to hear about how well Rudy did. It was a very, very demanding test.

Glenda

Simply amazing!
    Jim Harvey

Thanks everyone for their kind words. John was right...I kept looking at Rudy and he still seemed fit. I never let my dogs overeat and gain excess weight like all the dogs I see going on walks with their owners around the neighborhood. I was really torn to try to give him a few weeks of training and go to the National. I still am trying to be careful with his health. When Rob saw him ...he tested his eyes....400 yard long bird in a triple and he stepped up...looked past the short birds and locked on
    long bird. I was also worried about hearing. Rob called me and set I am amazed at his fitness. I always hoped that when he got older he would slow enough of the fire in him that he might be a little more under control on the blinds. At the specialty he marked awesome..then to do 8 out of 8 series in his first two opens was a delight! I am going to try a few more. He has a number of seconds...praying for a win! I wish he was 4 again...

Dave

John thanks for the kind words...thanks for the great time of friendship and camaraderie at the specialty. Good times. Rudy is my favorite dog of all time. I am going to breed him for the first time this December to a BRO X Paws bitch that I own. No one ever wanted to breed to Rudy! We shall see what he throws?!

thanks Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dscheat View Post
    Thanks everyone for their kind words. John was right...I kept looking at Rudy and he still seemed fit. I never let my dogs overeat and gain excess weight like all the dogs I see going on walks with their owners around the neighborhood. I was really torn to try to give him a few weeks of training and go to the National. I still am trying to be careful with his health. When Rob saw him ...he tested his eyes....400 yard long bird in a triple and he stepped up...looked past the short birds and locked on
    long bird. I was also worried about hearing. Rob called me and set I am amazed at his fitness. I always hoped that when he got older he would slow enough of the fire in him that he might be a little more under control on the blinds. At the specialty he marked awesome..then to do 8 out of 8 series in his first two opens was a delight! I am going to try a few more. He has a number of seconds...praying for a win! I wish he was 4 again...

Dave
    There is always a story behind every placement, but this is special and inspiring. Rudy ended up in the very best home with you. You have his back the same way he has yours. He has nothing left to prove, but I hope you get that win!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

M
    "You can put pressure on a dog, you canít take it backÖ"

Mitch Patterson '07

MHR Wadin's Katie Lied CD, SH, WCX (11/25/93-1/27/07 Rest Well Kate)
    Brassfire's Brass in Pocket JH, WCX ** (4 Master passes)
    Brassfire's New England Patriot (New Pup!!!)

Fitting that his name is Rudy... sort of like the Rudy that played football at Notre Dame. Congrats!
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by hotel4dogs View Post
    Huge congratulations, not just for such a great performance, but for keeping Rudy in such fantastic shape as he ages.
    I second that....

Also, that you are going to finally breed him ... good for you and to the bitch of your choice!!!!

Good Luck in his upcoming trials...and treasure him will doing so.

Judy
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec CDX MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011