RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Tri-Tronics Holsters

6K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Chris Atkinson 
#1 ·
What do you guys suggest for holsters while field hunting (Goose, Pheasant Ducks) for the Tube Style Transmitters? I would like one so I could wear it around my neck like a lanyard.

Thanks

#2 ·
Gundogsupply has a cheap one they use for promotion purposes.

#7 ·
Me niether and I absolutely hate it hanging from my neck, calls and whistles are bad enough.
I buy nothing but the carpentar style jeans. Transmitter fits perfectly in the little on the side of the right leg. Very easy access and it stays put when you want it to. Drives me nuts if I wear a regular pair of jeans when working a dog and have to stuff it in the back pocket.

#6 · (Edited)
When training if my controller is not in my hand, it's in my back pocket.

But when we are hunting I use the TT holster and have it on a retractable cord like T-Reign's product -

It keeps the controller handy in front rather than digging into a pocket or risk it falling out of one.

#9 ·
I have an Avery holster and hang the transmittor on the left shoulder of my waders when hunting. In the field or training carpenter pants pocket like everyone else.

#10 ·
I have a custom leather holster that has a snap link that I hook on to my belt loop. The controls face to the front and you don't have to try to fish your controller out of your pocket in order to make a correction. The holster was made by Mike Rathke, 317-313-4746. The holster is very well made and keeps the controller where you can reach it immediately. Here is a picture. Umbrella Torch
Two-way radio Electronic device Technology

Call Mike or contact me at bherb06@bellsouth if you have any questions.

#11 ·
I really like my Avery holster for my TT2 Flyway Special. When I went to the Flyway Special 3 The Avery holster didn't fit. Avery also said they were not going to make one to fit the new version. I've since gone to a TriTronics holster I bought from LCS. It works but no where near as nice as the old Avery one. I clip my holster to my Avery neoprene shell vest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.