The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ambassador Chris Stevens' journal

Default Ambassador Chris Stevens' journal

There's a flap going on between the State Dept. and CNN. I've been watching Fox News and reading about it on line today.

Four days after our consulate was attacked and Ambassador Stevens was killed. CNN was in the consulate and found Amb. Stevens' journal. One does wonder why on day 4 the consulate was not in US protective custody and why CNN and others were allowed to go through the buildings to find whatever was still there.

The State Dept is up in arms because CNN has released some of what Stevens wrote about the growing unrest and threats of terrorism.

The State Dept. is outraged and calls it a "diary" or a "personal" journal. Reports are that it is not a diary, it is a professional journal which contains Stevens' concerns which might also contain his concern over the need for greater protection. I am not sure about that. I have not read nor heard the exact words in the journal.

I think of key importance in this whole flap is ... 4 days later our government had not put the consulate under protection so that anyone was able to go through the buildings and take whatever could be found.

Is the consulate and its contents secure today?

Helen

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    There's a flap going on between the State Dept. and CNN. I've been watching Fox News and reading about it on line today.

Four days after our consulate was attacked and Ambassador Stevens was killed. CNN was in the consulate and found Amb. Stevens' journal. One does wonder why on day 4 the consulate was not in US protective custody and why CNN and others were allowed to go through the buildings to find whatever was still there.

The State Dept is up in arms because CNN has released some of what Stevens wrote about the growing unrest and threats of terrorism.

The State Dept. is outraged and calls it a "diary" or a "personal" journal. Reports are that it is not a diary, it is a professional journal which contains Stevens' concerns which might also contain his concern over the need for greater protection. I am not sure about that. I have not read nor heard the exact words in the journal.

I think of key importance in this whole flap is ... 4 days later our government had not put the consulate under protection so that anyone was able to go through the buildings and take whatever could be found.

Is the consulate and its contents secure today?

Helen
    To me, the bigger concern is why the security wasn't heightened 4 days before the attacks??
    Doesn't mean much now..............
    Last edited by road kill; 09-24-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

I had heard that the FBI was in Tripoli but has not been allowed to travel to Benghazi. I wonder how much control the Lybian government has over that region? This whole thing is sad. It is hard to believe our country was so unprepared for something like this.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    I had heard that the FBI was in Tripoli but has not been allowed to travel to Benghazi. I wonder how much control the Lybian government has over that region? This whole thing is sad. It is hard to believe our country was so unprepared for something like this.

Tom
    It would not have made a difference if 100 marines had been guarding the embassy other than they would have lost their lives too.

It is tragic....we will never be safe from evil.

It is a sad day when a campaign is so desperate that they try to make hay from something as tragic as this.

I will be so glad when Romney crawls back in the hole he crawled out of.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    It would not have made a difference if 100 marines had been guarding the embassy other than they would have lost their lives too.

It is tragic....we will never be safe from evil.

It is a sad day when a campaign is so desperate that they try to make hay from something as tragic as this.

(this comment is disgraceful)
    To me, it is far more tragic when the President of the United States LIES to the citizens about it!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

It would have helped to have some security I would take 100 marines anyday! It would have been a different outcome! Fact is Obama is still telling the lie Is a sad state the Country is in when the people dont care that their President is a liar . Hes so afraid to lose a few votes he will continue in a lie.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-24-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Why so upset, menmon? The President says it's just "a bump in the road".

To prove how cool he is about it, he sent Hillary to meet at the UN with the leaders from Pakistan, Egypt and A'stan, while he went on the very intellectually weighty "The View". Hey, if this was really important, wouldn't the President want to meet with these leaders face-to-face himself? While he does talk to them on the phone, sending Hillary to meet with them personally will certainly convey to them that they shouldn't be too up-tight about these small "bumps in the road."
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post

Me too. In 8 years.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

The "bump in the road" is a tomb and if this Pesident has to be held accountable; Ambassador Stevens' death is on Mr. Obama. It happened on your watch Barack. Were you sleeping? Or do you lack the backbone to protect Americans? How many more "bumps in the road" will it take? Please tell the families of the four murdered Americans they were a "bump in the road". Those are not bumps they are tombs that could have been prevented.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    The "bump in the road" is a tomb and if this Pesident has to be held accountable; Ambassador Stevens' death is on Mr. Obama. It happened on your watch Barack. Were you sleeping? Or do you lack the backbone to protect Americans? How many more "bumps in the road" will it take? Please tell the families of the four murdered Americans they were a "bump in the road". Those are not bumps they are tombs that could have been prevented.
    In all fairness, we may have offended a Muslim had we stepped up security.

Just sayin'............
    Stan b & Elvis