The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ambassador Chris Stevens' journal

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Obviously the video angers muslims like many other things that have occured over there. I would agree that the video by itself is not the problem but it is part of the problem. As long as we are going to have americans in harms way over there, we need to use good judgement.

I don't think anyone is making excuses. They don't like us and as long as we involve ourselves in their affairs that is not going to change.

I'm sure every official we have in that part of the world is on someone's hit list, so don't sound surprised. Embassies have been bombed under every president that has held office during my lifetime. It is easier to attack them than us here, so trying to blame the president for this tragedy is just politics.
    Are you serious? Never mind (insert eye-roll emoticon here). Trying to absolve BHO of blame in the current Middle East mess because "everyone else does it" is about as pathetic as it gets. He's been spilling state secrets and endangering the lives of American servicemen and women since he got in office. If he thinks it will make him look good and help his campaign, out it comes. By the way this is not a conservative or GOP party line/from talking points, watch the video to learn what those on the frontlines think of his appalling self-aggrandizing.

http://www.youtube.com/v/X-Xfti7qtT0...hl=en_US&rel=0
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Are you serious? Never mind (insert eye-roll emoticon here). Trying to absolve BHO of blame in the current Middle East mess because "everyone else does it" is about as pathetic as it gets. He's been spilling state secrets and endangering the lives of American servicemen and women since he got in office. If he thinks it will make him look good and help his campaign, out it comes. By the way this is not a conservative or GOP party line/from talking points, watch the video to learn what those on the frontlines think of his appalling self-aggrandizing.

hard to say if he's ever serious... but most of what he says is pathetic.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post

Talk about drama! Some pathetic excuse for a presidental canidate trying to catch up by playing politics with a tragedy is about as shameless as it gets. He tried to convince folks he was a better economic leader and it didn't work so now lets use this unfortunate death as a way to show he is the better one. I have news for him and you that the smarter public does not want republican foriegn policy, because its cost is by far more.

Someone needs to tell Obama and crazy joe to make up a new bumper sticker Bin laden is dead and Al -queda is alive. So get ready for a few more "bumps" in the road.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I think we need to go to war...the other two are about over and we need to hear a daily body count to feel alive don't we. I'm sure the Chinese will lend us the money or we can cut our mothers and fathers SS checks to pay for part of it. Unemployment will go down as we build the weapons and employee young men in the ME and we will have fewer young men looking for work as they give up their lives for freedom and liberty.

Get a fuc>ing clue please.
    How classy is that???

Mr. menmon, though we have our faults here, most of us are articulate enough to express our opinions without resorting to this type of language.

My advice, watch and learn................
    Last edited by road kill; 09-25-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    How classy is that???

Mr. menmon, though we have our faults here, most of us are articulate enough to express our opinions without resorting to this type of language.

My advice, watch and learn................
    You are right...it upsets me that folks did not learn anything from our mistakes. War is not a winning solution, and the cost in human life and money to have not made the world a safer place is mind bogling. Then to think the president is managing this incorrectly because he does not want war, just is too much. I'm sorry that I implied you were clueless.

You are right...it upsets me that folks did not learn anything from our mistakes. War is not a winning solution, and the cost in human life and money to have not made the world a safer place is mind bogling. Then to think the president is managing this incorrectly because he does not want war, just is too much. I'm sorry that I implied you were clueless.
    Didn't complain about being called clueless, my concern is your language!!!!

Not very gentlemanly..................
    Stan b & Elvis

RK isn't clueless...Obama and the koolaid drinkers that follow him are...empty chair day.jpg
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    RK isn't clueless...Obama and the koolaid drinkers that follow him are...empty chair day.jpg
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Some pathetic excuse for a presidental canidate trying to catch up by playing politics with a tragedy is about as shameless as it gets.

And somehow you don't find that it was playing politics for the present administration to try to palm this off as a spontaneous reaction to a dumb video ... so that it would not look bad for the administration's lack of progress in their ME policies?

It's pretty obvious that almost no one knew that this video existed until the administration dug it up to cover their behinds.

He tried to convince folks he was a better economic leader and it didn't work so now lets use this unfortunate death as a way to show he is the better one.

Equally as likely is that the present administration is being drubbed on the economy in the campaign. The ME situation is an example of how poorly they've done on foreign affairs.

If it is the responsibility of the host country to protect our embassy, AND we have word from the host country to "get out of Dodge", WHY on God's green earth didn't the administration take the advice? It's bad enough sending our soldiers into harm's way, but to send civilians into harm's way (with barely any means of self-defense), seems beyond dumb.

I do NOT think that either Hillary or Obama wanted to see those people killed ... I DO believe that they both made an incredibly stupid decision in not paying attention to the warnings and should have kept their people out of danger. Then they tried to cover it up with a "narrative" nobody believed from the get-go.

I have news for him and you that the smarter public does not want republican foriegn policy, because its cost is by far more.
    Just read the other day that the # of personnel killed in A'stan during Obama's watch (the war he said was the important one during his campaign), has already substantially exceeded the #s killed prior to his taking over.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.