The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ambassador Chris Stevens' journal

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Just read the other day that the # of personnel killed in A'stan during Obama's watch (the war he said was the important one during his campaign), has already substantially exceeded the #s killed prior to his taking over.
    Yeah, but.............
    Stan b & Elvis

If this is the best arguement you guys can put up...Obama wins! Most people are numb to the crap that you guys are slinging around. Can't sell the deal that Romney is better for the economy, so lets try to smear Obama's foriegn policy record and see if we can get some traction. Only people listening to this are your right wing extremist. Smart people are not paying attention. Only reason I pay attention to what you write is to try and make you step back and listen to what you are saying and how stupid it is.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    If this is the best arguement you guys can put up...Obama wins! Most people are numb to the crap that you guys are slinging around. Can't sell the deal that Romney is better for the economy, so lets try to smear Obama's foriegn policy record and see if we can get some traction. Only people listening to this are your right wing extremist. Smart people are not paying attention. Only reason I pay attention to what you write is to try and make you step back and listen to what you are saying and how stupid it is.
    And you would know that how??
    Bill Davis

You should listen to the Howard Stern interview he just did with Obama supporters if you want to know whose voting for "your guy" You might not want to be grouped with the Obamabots.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-26-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

The attack was labeld a "terrorist attack" within 24 hours by the Obama Admisnistration so why did he, Susan Rice, Jay Carney, and Hilliary continue to lie about it and blame it on a video ? BTW TH FBI are still not on the ground
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-27-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    The attack was labeld a "terrorist attack" within 24 hours by the Obama Admisnistration so why did he, Susan Rice, Jay Carney, and Hilliary continue to lie about it and blame it on a video ? BTW TH FBI are still not on the ground
    Because that (lie) is what they do best. It is all about trying to protect their current positions...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Remember the interview where Obama indicated that he believed that his job as President was to "tell the stories"? The story in this campaign has been how strong he is in foreign policy ... killing Osama, spinning Ft. Hood as "workplace violence", etc. Having to admit to a terrorist attack in a ME country in which the administration supported the "revolution" did not fit into the narrative as planned.

Have to give some credit for the Libyan President telling the truth. Surely didn't work to his advantage in any particular way that I can see. Makes him look like he's not in control in his own country ... so maybe could get US sympathy that his govt was not "at fault". OTOH, since it is the govt's job to protect the embassies, that could have a reverse spin to US public opinion as well. To his own people that lack of control could also make him look weak to them?

In the end, I think the one who looks weakest is Obama and his foreign policy choices ... and Hillary and Rice followed their marching orders. Nobody was willing to tell the truth ... and now they cannot hide behind "not knowing". They also look weak to the rest of the world. No wonder the A-Q spokesperson said that it was time to strike the US "when it was weakest." Maybe they didn't tell Carney what was going on? Otherwise, how could he have held those press conferences and not choked on his own words?

How can the voters trust these people? Not to mention both allies and enemies in the rest of the world.

Nobody has even mentioned Obama noting that we should not tolerate those who would slander the prophet of Islam in his UN speech. Is that appeasement or what? He could have made that statement more general with, "slander anyone's religion". When he said the US would do all that is necessary to prevent a nuclear Iran, would anybody believe that? He has become the "rhetorical" President ... speak loudly and ... then speak again. Eventually people begin to realize the stories are just fantasy fairy tales and ignore the words.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Remember the interview where Obama indicated that he believed that his job as President was to "tell the stories"? The story in this campaign has been how strong he is in foreign policy ... killing Osama, spinning Ft. Hood as "workplace violence", etc. Having to admit to a terrorist attack in a ME country in which the administration supported the "revolution" did not fit into the narrative as planned.

Have to give some credit for the Libyan President telling the truth. Surely didn't work to his advantage in any particular way that I can see. Makes him look like he's not in control in his own country ... so maybe could get US sympathy that his govt was not "at fault". OTOH, since it is the govt's job to protect the embassies, that could have a reverse spin to US public opinion as well. To his own people that lack of control could also make him look weak to them?

In the end, I think the one who looks weakest is Obama and his foreign policy choices ... and Hillary and Rice followed their marching orders. Nobody was willing to tell the truth ... and now they cannot hide behind "not knowing". They also look weak to the rest of the world. No wonder the A-Q spokesperson said that it was time to strike the US "when it was weakest." Maybe they didn't tell Carney what was going on? Otherwise, how could he have held those press conferences and not choked on his own words?

How can the voters trust these people? Not to mention both allies and enemies in the rest of the world.

Nobody has even mentioned Obama noting that we should not tolerate those who would slander the prophet of Islam in his UN speech. Is that appeasement or what? He could have made that statement more general with, "slander anyone's religion". When he said the US would do all that is necessary to prevent a nuclear Iran, would anybody believe that? He has become the "rhetorical" President ... speak loudly and ... then speak again. Eventually people begin to realize the stories are just fantasy fairy tales and ignore the words.
    Anyone with half a brain knows that bad things happen that our presidents have no control of. The attach on the twin towers happen when Bush was president and could have easily happened when Clinton was president. This country take large steps to assure our safety but its a big place and bad things are going to happen.

The shooting at fort hood was unfortunate and a man went nuts and killed people. Short of helping the surviving families, not much our president can do about that.

An ambassador is killed in a hostile part of the world. He knew the risk and assumed it. Short of him not being there, there is nothing the president could have done.

So I know anything involving muslims you want to call terror....war on terror but what you really mean is war on muslims. That is what the president wants to change. We can be at war with muslims until the end of time or learn to get along someway. Getting along is the best conculsion but you want to be at war and further the hate. Look at the countries in the middle east and how deep that hate is and how unrepairable it is. I would hope we were bigger than that. Step back and think about your approach to this problem and tell me what is the outcome and is a good outcome. His approach probably won't produce any immediate result but given time, hearts may mend and the world will be better. But I'm sure your way will never work.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Anyone with half a brain knows that bad things happen that our presidents have no control of. The attach on the twin towers happen when Bush was president and could have easily happened when Clinton was president. This country take large steps to assure our safety but its a big place and bad things are going to happen.

The shooting at fort hood was unfortunate and a man went nuts and killed people. Short of helping the surviving families, not much our president can do about that.

An ambassador is killed in a hostile part of the world. He knew the risk and assumed it. Short of him not being there, there is nothing the president could have done.

So I know anything involving muslims you want to call terror....war on terror but what you really mean is war on muslims. That is what the president wants to change. We can be at war with muslims until the end of time or learn to get along someway. Getting along is the best conculsion but you want to be at war and further the hate. Look at the countries in the middle east and how deep that hate is and how unrepairable it is. I would hope we were bigger than that. Step back and think about your approach to this problem and tell me what is the outcome and is a good outcome. His approach probably won't produce any immediate result but given time, hearts may mend and the world will be better. But I'm sure your way will never work.

this is my concern....
    for tens of thousands of years, that region of the world has been at war. It is passed on from generation to generation. In America, we are free to espouse whatever crap we want to free flow from our mouths. We do not fear repurcussions. We are free.
    In the ME, when a woman is unfaithful, she can be put to death. Period.
    We find that inhumane and a violation of human rights.
    When a man kills a cow, he will be killed.
    We eat cows.
    We do not bow down to any one religion, one God, or one ruler.
    They think we should die for that.

Wanting the US to step back and try to make friends and mend hearts is a great warm fuzzy cocktail full of fun and imagination.

The fact is..... They have spent generations hating us, wanting to kill us, and plotting ways to make us miserable. They take our money and create weapons with it aimed to kill us. The hate runs deep because they are taught, trained, and ingrained in hatred. It won't matter how many FTD bouquets we send... they willl still hate us.

We need to get out, get out, get out.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Your President didnt have to lie! What do you say about that fact he lied you cant deny that FACT, when you have his own words saying it. Even after his admin came clean, claiming it was a terror attack not the video, he continued to LIE. Maybe you dont expect better from your Pres but most of us do. Obama doesn't want the FBI to investigate because the Truth will come out he would rather wait till after the election because the word is the FBI will not lie for him. If his diary proves he was worried about the risk & lack of security and he expressed that concern to say , Hillary, we will see what happens. Under a normal admin heads would roll under this one you will hear one snippet on fox and that will be all. Obama is the master of cover up.

(CNN) -- More than two weeks after four Americans -- including the U.S. ambassador to Libya -- were killed in an attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, FBI agents have not yet been granted access to investigate in the eastern Libyan city, and the crime scene has not been secured, sources said.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-28-2012 at 03:33 PM.