The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop epidemic of Voter Fraud

Default Stop epidemic of Voter Fraud

So many, mostly republicans are pushing for voter ID. There is no rule in this country to have a picture ID, but every citizen does have the right to vote. I would consider it a fundamental conservative belief that we should try to limit rule/regs if not necessary and If you are going to require something like this I would think there should be good reason. However there doesn't seem to be any.

http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-lo...-election.html

I can see no other real reason to push this except to deter some voters, mainly minority/lower income/urban voters all who tend to be more liberal. If nothing else this is a bad PR move on the part of conservatives.

I think that everyone who is legally allowed to vote should hve the right to vote. I have not problem with needing a picture ID to vote. I have no problem with having to verify that I ca legally vote. Just look at the Minnesota senatorial election where Al Franken won. It was very close and there were a number of irregularities and instances where felons voted.

We have devalued voting into something we take for granted. It is our greatest responsibility to our country and I won't be offended to be checked again and again. We are too think skined and get offended at the most trifiling issues.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    So many, mostly republicans are pushing for voter ID. There is no rule in this country to have a picture ID, but every citizen does have the right to vote. I would consider it a fundamental conservative belief that we should try to limit rule/regs if not necessary and If you are going to require something like this I would think there should be good reason. However there doesn't seem to be any.

http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-lo...-election.html

I can see no other real reason to push this except to deter some voters, mainly minority/lower income/urban voters all who tend to be more liberal. If nothing else this is a bad PR move on the part of conservatives.
    "I can see no other real reason to push this except to deter some voters". Ya s'pose????

Take your bleeding heart to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. The last time Senator Johnson, you know the guy you can't understand because he's had a stroke, but still ran on the sympathy vote so he could get more of the tax payers money in his pension...yeh, that guy. His vote total from the res exceeded the number of adult 'of-voter-age' inhabitants. Dont' suppose there just MAY have been some FRAUD involved? Is it possible that a picture ID might make that population a tad more legal?

If you have zero concern about voter fraud, move to Chicago. Just think, if you were to die, you could vote any number of times in that city. And we wouldn't even care how many times you voted, because your phoney concern for the "minority/lower income/urban" voters would all be in the Obama bag right along with you, and you'd all have so much fun knowing your big government teat is still available for all the Democrats and illegals.

I'll take my chances at making "a bad PR move" under these circumstances any day.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

When Florida started checking it's voter rolls, they, did, indeed find many ineligible voters on the rolls.

If I'm an illegal alien, and have an address, what's to keep me from showing up at the polls?

PA is instituting a photo ID this year ... and there are many ways to get one. There is an all-out effort to provide an ID to anyone that wants one. The local state representative has stated that if ANYone has a problem getting such an ID, then his office will help. BTW, if you can't get to one of the places to get an ID ... how do you get to the polls to vote? Many, many options are available for anyone who wants to get the ID.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Banned

isn't there a list of the registered voters at the polling place already? Don't you have to show an ID to register to vote? That should be enough. they're a registered voter already. Check their name with the registration list. You can only vote once right? Or is there evidence that the same person is is voting multiple times?

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    isn't there a list of the registered voters at the polling place already? Don't you have to show an ID to register to vote? That should be enough. they're a registered voter already. Check their name with the registration list. You can only vote once right? Or is there evidence that the same person is is voting multiple times?
    just a few days ago when I voted in the state election primary here. I was looking at the list upside down as the Grandmother working the table looked for my name. I spotted, reading upside down, the name David Bora above mine. David was my Grandfathers Brother. I pointed out that he passed away in the late 1980's. She made a note. While I point this out to the workers every time I vote. His name remains. So, in theory I coulda waited until that worker went on break and walked up to the same table and said I was David Bora and voted again. The system is very flocked up. Hanging chads anyone?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    just a few days ago when I voted in the state election primary here. I was looking at the list upside down as the Grandmother working the table looked for my name. I spotted, reading upside down, the name David Bora above mine. David was my Grandfathers Brother. I pointed out that he passed away in the late 1980's. She made a note. While I point this out to the workers every time I vote. His name remains. So, in theory I coulda waited until that worker went on break and walked up to the same table and said I was David Bora and voted again. The system is very flocked up. Hanging chads anyone?
    Sounds like someone needs to run for county clerk and get this all straightened up. It's obvious Grandma ain't gonna do it. Besides, she's likely to tell you. "Ken, go sit down. You already voted." JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 09-25-2012 at 01:09 AM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Picture ID's are required for a myriad of things in this country. A drivers license is one of them. Flying is another and on and on. Proving who you are to vote will not deter legal voters. The majority of people in this country favor having to show a picture ID to vote. The percentage is over 70%! The excuse that having to show a picture Id will disenfranchise legal voters is all bunk
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

Well, what really gets me is absentee voting by mail. That seems like the real opportunity for fraud.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danis View Post
    Picture ID's are required for a myriad of things in this country. A drivers license is one of them. Flying is another and on and on. Proving who you are to vote will not deter legal voters. The majority of people in this country favor having to show a picture ID to vote. The percentage is over 70%! The excuse that having to show a picture Id will disenfranchise legal voters is all bunk

The examples you list are choices people make. Chosing to fly, you must accept certain requirements and abide by them. Banking , driving are also choices.

Voting is a Right and anything done to hinder that Right is slap in the face of the Constitiution.

I suggest that those in favor of restricting a persons Right to vote check out the number of documented cases of voter fraud in the US in the past 20 years. There were no races tipped by voter fraud, and a handful of cases discovered and prosicuted.

This is a red herring, agenda driven push, supported by NO facts. A solution looking for a problem.

And to be clear: the reference to the felons voting in MN, all of those votes were tossed out because of the system currently in place, and not counted.

It would be a breath of fresh air if we could spend time looking for real problems to fix rather than spend so much time and energy on NON-ISSUES.

The Sky is Falling Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!