The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop epidemic of Voter Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Go try to buy a gun without ID and see where that gets you.
    Cody you bring up a great point...if the most coveted rights and privileges that we enjoy in this country are

1. right to purchase firearms - ID required

2. right to drive a motor vehicle- ID required

3. right to purchase alcoholic beverages -ID required

4. privilege of hunting/fishing -ID required

5. privilege of higher education -ID required

6 .traveling to foreign countries -ID required

7. cashing a check - ID required

along with many others not listed here, but it only makes sense that the most sacred of all rights is the RIGHT to VOTE, after all men/women have died trying to protect our rights to do so..I just cant see how anyone with any common sense can argue against requiring ID to exercise the most sacro sanct of all of our rights...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

When I go to excersise the privilige of voting, I PROUDLY offer my photo ID.

The poll workers are always grateful and state so.

What are you hiding????????
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Perry County Alabama has a history of inventive voting. One county in Alabama.

the case was the 1st cousin to the clerk who had been indicted. He didn't feel it appropriate to recuse himself and the clerk was found not guilty in a requested bench trial. Same county in Alabama.

When the US Attorney General looked in on Perry County, the chap investigating the case became so frustrated by the Eric Holder group in Washington that he quit in disgust and wrote a book in which he details case after case of voter fraud. Perry County, Alabama

This last time though really made the case. Uniontown, Perry County, had 125% of the registered voters turn-out for the election. The Perry County Clerk found this not particlularly unusual and offered excuses.

Don't tell people in( Perry County ) Alabama that voter fraud doesn't exist.
    One county, by your account, steeped in a history of fraud and good old boyism, does not mean your entire State is a hot bed of corruption and dishonorable people. So...............Show us the widespread fraud and how it has skewed elections in the great State of Alabama. Or better yet, take it Nationwide. Then do a cost break down on what the cost per documented and prosecuted casse of fraud is and how it altered any election.

In the past 20 years, I suggest none will be found. So where is the burning need to fix something that isn't broken? Adding more cost to the taxpayer and solving nothing.

This is an agenda driven attempt to disinfranchise a segment of the population, many of whom our of out greatest generation.
    http://www.kare11.com/news/article/9...ns-for-elderly

Much ado about nothing Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Cody you bring up a great point...if the most coveted rights and privileges that we enjoy in this country are

1. right to purchase firearms - ID required

2. right to drive a motor vehicle- ID required

3. right to purchase alcoholic beverages -ID required

4. privilege of hunting/fishing -ID required

5. privilege of higher education -ID required

6 .traveling to foreign countries -ID required

7. cashing a check - ID required

along with many others not listed here, but it only makes sense that the most sacred of all rights is the RIGHT to VOTE, after all men/women have died trying to protect our rights to do so..I just cant see how anyone with any common sense can argue against requiring ID to exercise the most sacro sanct of all of our rights...
    With all respect Bon, the only Right,s on your list are the right to bear arms, and to purchase alcohol. All other listed are privleges.

And I would venture that abuses of those two rights occur with great regularity, and there is the matter of the public safety involved, and these are choices not evey citizen makes for themselves, because they do not affect their lives on a daly basis as our polititions do.

And FYI, I do not disagree that some form of ID should be required to register to vote: but not accepting a SS card, discharge papers or birth certicicate, even your goverment assistance card if it comes to that, is extreme.. They should be enough and we do not need to suppply govement issued phot ID at the taxpayers expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    With all respect Bon, the only Right,s on your list are the right to bear arms, and to purchase alcohol. All other listed are privleges.

And I would venture that abuses of those two rights occur with great regularity, and there is the matter of the public safety involved, and these are choices not evey citizen makes for themselves, because they do not affect their lives on a daly basis as our polititions do.

And FYI, I do not disagree that some form of ID should be required to register to vote: but not accepting a SS card, discharge papers or birth certicicate, even your goverment assistance card if it comes to that, is extreme.. They should be enough and we do not need to suppply govement issued phot ID at the taxpayers expense.
    Nice to see a lib looking out for the taxpayers for a change... you know most (lib) states already want to give illegals drivers licenses.... there is the picture ID right there... problem solved.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    If I show you my birth certificate (identification) or ss card (identification) and I tell you who I am, that should be enough. Whatever happened to somebody's word being their bond? is voter fraud really that prevalent? I don't remember any election where fraudulent votes swayed the election one way or the other. Maybe somebody can show me a documented case of fraud that caused the election to be swayed.
    Just so I am clear on this: you are okay with requiring voter identification but not okay with requiring voter identification?

"I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

When this nation was formed a picture ID wouild have required you to bring a portrait.
    Nowadays we have photo ID's for health club memberships and other silly frivolous things. Voting is far from frivolous; if you don't/can;t provide an ID to vote then I dont think you should be voting

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Nice to see a lib looking out for the taxpayers for a change... you know most (lib) states already want to give illegals drivers licenses.... there is the picture ID right there... problem solved.
    Bill, assuming I am a Lib, well, you know that assuming makes an ass out of the person doing the assuming.
    What I am is a person who can think for himself and does not need to NRC to tell me what I should do with my vote or what I should believe in!

What I find interesting is how so many can ignore common sense, and ditch the "cut goverment", "reduce spending" " less redtape" platitudes when it fits there agenda, as well as mess with the Constitution and our rights as citizens when it suits them.

Original Thougt is a Wonderful Thing Regards or

Don't Wanna Be Sheep Regards ( your choice )

Bill, assuming I am a Lib, well, you know that assuming makes an ass out of the person doing the assuming.
    What I am is a person who can think for himself and does not need to NRC to tell me what I should do with my vote or what I should believe in!

What I find interesting is how so many can ignore common sense, and ditch the "cut goverment", "reduce spending" " less redtape" platitudes when it fits there agenda, as well as mess with the Constitution and our rights as citizens when it suits them.

Original Thougt is a Wonderful Thing Regards or

Don't Wanna Be Sheep Regards ( your choice )
    Voter ID doesn't infringe on any of those values. There is no more government involved with saying, "Can I see your ID", and there doesn't have to be an increase in spending, why can't people spend the small amount to get a photo id. In my state, one of the more highly taxed states there is, it is $15 to get a photo id. If you can't save up $15 in 364 days before the next election takes place how are you going to get to the voting booth anyway? Even at $50 in a full year you can't save that up to exercise your right to vote? Redtape? WHere? A little old lady at the booth asking for ID is hardly redtape....

Ok I agree that they are privileges

But having gone thru the process of proving that I was a US citizen I can tell you that a birth certificate only proves that someone was born it does not prove its you,neither does a SS card , as for cost, we waste more revenue getting someone welfare cards
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"