The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop epidemic of Voter Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Bill, assuming I am a Lib, well, you know that assuming makes an ass out of the person doing the assuming.
    What I am is a person who can think for himself and does not need to NRC to tell me what I should do with my vote or what I should believe in!

What I find interesting is how so many can ignore common sense, and ditch the "cut goverment", "reduce spending" " less redtape" platitudes when it fits there agenda, as well as mess with the Constitution and our rights as citizens when it suits them.

Original Thougt is a Wonderful Thing Regards or

Don't Wanna Be Sheep Regards ( your choice )
    You might not "wanna" be a sheep... but you sound just like one... you are using all the same left wing talking points against id that I see here and elsewhere. Original thought it is not... may not be a sheep, more like braying...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Ok I agree that they are privileges

But having gone thru the process of proving that I was a US citizen I can tell you that a birth certificate only proves that someone was born it does not prove its you,neither does a SS card , as for cost, we waste more revenue getting someone welfare cards

And yet that was all I needed to aquire a Passport. The photo came after.

My point is, if fraud was rampant, and if it was causing elections to be tainited, an arguemant could be made for tighter controls. But that arguemant cannot, in any form or fashion be made. And the cost to cover this is not warrented nor is there a need.

If you present a ss card or bank statement with your name and address, that should be sufficent. And if you are defrauding the election officials, you will be caught. Of course no one had been yet, at least not in our state, but why worry about a small detail like that.

Like most of your stuff Bon: just can't agree with the need for gov issued photo ID to exercise the most important right we have.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Well, what really gets me is absentee voting by mail. That seems like the real opportunity for fraud.
    We live in a rural county which mails out absentee ballots to those who sign up for them. We have voted absentee for over 10 years because they kept closing voting places. Fraud would be real easy. The ballot arrives in the mail, you fill it out, you sign your signature, and mail it in. I don't think our clerk spends time comparing last year's signature to this year's signature. Most signatures are illegible anyway. Just look at the signatures on checks.

To get an absentee ballot, all you have to do is request one from the county. You can phone them and they will mail you a post card to fill out and request an absentee ballot. This is what we did more than 10 years ago to set up automatic mailings of our absentee ballots. This is a recreation area with lots of summer vacation homes and few permanents. All anyone would have to do is file a name and an address and request an absentee ballot be mailed to the vacation house address. Watch the mail box, fill out the ballot and mail it back. Our county and the county wherein the real voter resides most of the year would never compare voting lists.

If my rural county is like this, I am sure this could happen in other rural counties across the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You might not "wanna" be a sheep... but you sound just like one... you are using all the same left wing talking points against id that I see here and elsewhere. Original thought it is not... may not be a sheep, more like braying...
    Bill, they are facts not talking points. The estimated of cost to my state to provide photo ID's is 3+ mil. This is to solve a problem that does not exist, when we are still in a budget crisis. The largest segment of the population w/o current photo ID are the elderly, and they are the ones who will be impacted the most.

A bad idea is bad no matter what side of the aisle it comes from Regards

Bill, they are facts not talking points. The estimated of cost to my state to provide photo ID's is 3+ mil. This is to solve a problem that does not exist, when we are still in a budget crisis. The largest segment of the population w/o current photo ID are the elderly, and they are the ones who will be impacted the most.

How can there be that many old people with no photo ID? I'm 54. I have many senior citizen relatives. They all have photo id. What gives? Is there a whole population of old people just in your state that does not have ID... sounds like bs to me.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    We live in a rural county which mails out absentee ballots to those who sign up for them. We have voted absentee for over 10 years because they kept closing voting places. Fraud would be real easy. The ballot arrives in the mail, you fill it out, you sign your signature, and mail it in. I don't think our clerk spends time comparing last year's signature to this year's signature. Most signatures are illegible anyway. Just look at the signatures on checks.

To get an absentee ballot, all you have to do is request one from the county. You can phone them and they will mail you a post card to fill out and request an absentee ballot. This is what we did more than 10 years ago to set up automatic mailings of our absentee ballots. This is a recreation area with lots of summer vacation homes and few permanents. All anyone would have to do is file a name and an address and request an absentee ballot be mailed to the vacation house address. Watch the mail box, fill out the ballot and mail it back. Our county and the county wherein the real voter resides most of the year would never compare voting lists.

If my rural county is like this, I am sure this could happen in other rural counties across the nation.
    OR & WA are that way... a hotbed of voter fraud.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    How can there be that many old people with no photo ID? I'm 54. I have many senior citizen relatives. They all have photo id. What gives? Is there a whole population of old people just in your state that does not have ID... sounds like bs to me.
    http://www.kare11.com/news/article/9...ns-for-elderly

That's pretty overwhelming... a couple of ladies in a nursing home who lost their records...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    So many, mostly republicans are pushing for voter ID. There is no rule in this country to have a picture ID, but every citizen does have the right to vote. I would consider it a fundamental conservative belief that we should try to limit rule/regs if not necessary and If you are going to require something like this I would think there should be good reason. However there doesn't seem to be any.

http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-lo...-election.html

I can see no other real reason to push this except to deter some voters, mainly minority/lower income/urban voters all who tend to be more liberal. If nothing else this is a bad PR move on the part of conservatives.
    you must have never heard of chicago, voter fraud was invented there they have more dead people regestered to vote than in
    my county my daughter moved there and her first job was to help mayer daley get elected the prectinct leader gave her money to pass out for votes the more times they voted the more they got

Voter ID is alive and doing well in Indiana. We are also in very good shape fiscally. I guess it takes a republican Governor and republican controlled congress to make this happen.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl