The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Stop epidemic of Voter Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Because I already have those and that should be enough. Why should I be required to go get another form of ID to prove what I already have as Identification.
    none of it is required now... you're either okay with requiring voter ID (of some form) or not.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Because I already have those and that should be enough. Why should I be required to go get another form of ID to prove what I already have as Identification.
    Murral, if you have a driver's license, you don't need another ID Most states now have photos on their driver's licenses. And it is a wise precaution to have that, I think.

I believe military IDs are also accepted ... basically, almost anything that carries a photo: employer IDs, student IDs (even community colleges use them ... for access to things that are a student "privilege").

We are talking about a relatively small portion of the population: seniors who never had or have given up their driver's licenses; people who don't drive (or work or go to school). States are going to reasonable lengths to make the required IDs available to those who may not have some other such ID they can use.

I just don't see this as an effort to prevent ANYONE from voting, just to preserve the integrity of the whole voting process so that each of us knows that our vote counts; and that nobody usurps anybody else's vote.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

You were talking about buying a car. You must have a drivers license, right... what are you whining about?
    Bill Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    none of it is required now... you're either okay with requiring voter ID (of some form) or not.
    I'm fine with some form of ID. I just don't believe that another form of ID should have to be obtained, when you already have proof of your identification with the documents already stated. I hope I cleared that up.

There are tons of articles that say people are having a hard time getting the required ID in PA.

And for everyone who wrote that you need an ID to buy alcohol and cigarettes that is so not true, yes I am over 29 and look it regards.

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) A judge weighing whether to stop a new Pennsylvania law requiring voters to show photo identification heard testimony Thursday from people who told of making numerous trips to driver's license centers to confront clerks confused by a bureaucratic maze of IDs, requirements and paperwork.

After being rejected for a photo ID on her fourth trip to a driver's license center, Doris Clark, 68, finally screamed: "I'm handicapped. I've done all I can do and I'm not going to vote."

She told the judge she then threatened to report how she'd been treated, prompting clerks in the Philadelphia center to sit down with her and help her get an ID.

She said the reasons she couldn't get an ID on each visit were varied: She didn't have a birth certificate, a letter from the Social Security Administration was more than 30 days old, or her married name didn't match the name on her birth certificate.

But Clark's story was similar to others Thursday, some of whom received crucial help from people with third-party organizations, including a labor union and a community improvement group in Pittsburgh that had deployed people to driver's license centers to help voters get an ID.

Jessica Hockenbury said she finally got an ID card only after a clerk told her that a voting-only ID card was not being distributed anymore. The complicated rules for getting an ID also became a stumbling block for Lakeisha Pannell because driver's license center clerks had trouble finding her name in the voter registration database, she said.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You were talking about buying a car. You must have a drivers license, right... what are you whining about?
    I didn't know you had to have a license to drive. Not whining about myself personally. I have all of the necessary id to vote. I am just saying that some people that don't have a photo ID, are now being told they have to go get a photo ID, when the already have the current forms of Identification I mentioned above. My question back is. Are those forms of ID I previously mentioned sufficient, or should they have to go get additional ID, above and beyond what they currently have. That is the sticking point for me.

I didn't know you had to have a license to drive. Not whining about myself personally. I have all of the necessary id to vote. I am just saying that some people that don't have a photo ID, are now being told they have to go get a photo ID, when the already have the current forms of Identification I mentioned above. My question back is. Are those forms of ID I previously mentioned sufficient, or should they have to go get additional ID, above and beyond what they currently have. That is the sticking point for me.
    Have what your law requires... here in TN, we have to have a photo ID.... and I'm glad to show it... it's free to anyone that doesn't have one. All they have to do is prove they are a resident of the state to get one. It looks just like the DL.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post

Proof Of Residence = Form of Identification
    Social Security Card = Form of Identification
    Birth Certificate = Form of Identification
    Technically, these three are not a "form of identification" since there's no linkage between the piece of paper and the individual. For instance, a Social Security card merely proves that a person was registered with SS, not which person it was. A person could use another's SS card without any evidence that s/he's the one to which it refers. That's a criminal act but then so is voter fraud.

On the subject of voter fraud...do a search for tunica county MS and voter fraud. Here's one report....

http://www.tunicatimes.com/index.php...:aid&Itemid=26

http://tinyurl.com/6dl3zjq

April 21, 2011

After two days of testimony and an hour of deliberation, a Tunica County jury returned a guilty verdict in the case against community activist Lessadolla Sowers.
    Sowers was convicted of 10 counts of voter fraud and was sentenced to five years for each count.

-more-

and yet another in MS

http://msbusiness.com/2011/01/last-d...r-voter-fraud/

http://tinyurl.com/8kml9yk

January 12, 2011

ASHLAND — The last defendant in a Benton County voter fraud case has been sentenced to five years in prison.

Attorney General Jim Hood says in a news release that David Massey of Hickory Flat was indicted on one count of conspiracy to commit voter fraud and three counts of voter fraud.

-more-
    Last edited by Eric Johnson; 09-27-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

How many business owners or management personnel out there have had to certify their employees I-9 form...How many of you have filled out an I-9 form or know what one is...

How many forms of ID are required for the I-9 form

Who is the I-9 form regulated by....

When I was in restaurant management, I had to go to a special class to get certified to be our restaurant's designated I-9 manager...we learned what constitutes a legal form of ID, and what is acceptable and what is not
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    How many business owners or management personnel out there have had to certify their employees I-9 form...How many of you have filled out an I-9 form or know what one is...

How many forms of ID are required for the I-9 form

Who is the I-9 form regulated by....

When I was in restaurant management, I had to go to a special class to get certified to be our restaurant's designated I-9 manager...we learned what constitutes a legal form of ID, and what is acceptable and what is not
    1 state issued picture ID and two other forms to prove you are a legal citizen for employment purposes. So you have to show picture id for employment and just about everything else you have to do but not for voting. Oh I know employement is a priviledge not a right. Hogwash!Typical messed up logic that only the left could support. Come on Murral quit following what the left wing extremist are telling you and think for yourself.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl