The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 116

Thread: Stop epidemic of Voter Fraud

  1. #71
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Following on Helen's post. A recent sample of about 1700 registered voters found 31 who voted in both FL and NY in the last Presidential election. Doesn't sound like much, huh? But the duplicate voting was about 1.7%. That could make the difference in a Presidential election ... especially in a swing state like FL.

    I'd rather have the govt spend money on protecting the integrity of the voting process than saving the habitat of white squirrels.

    In PA the photo IDs are free. Many things are accepted: employer IDs, student IDs, passports, drivers' licenses. I've seen nursing homes bring vans to the pollls with their residents ... they could easily get those people photo IDs. All driver license centers offer the service as well. Here in PA most of those centers are located in shopping malls for convenience.

    And, again, we are only talking about those people who don't already have photo IDs. The majority of likely voters already do have a photo ID of some sort.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    2,923

    Default

    I invite you to read the book....Injustice, Exposing the Racial Agenda of the Obama Justice Department by J Christian Adams.

    You said that there was no instance of provable voter fraud. I gave one example of a completely corrupt county so your point is disproven. If you are now going to change the argument, then all I'm going to cite is an entire book. Read it and then come back and try your argument.

    As I recall, there were 3 convictions in W Virginia within the past 2 months.
    Eric

    WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

  3. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    When I go to excersise the privilige of voting, I PROUDLY offer my photo ID.

    The poll workers are always grateful and state so.

    What are you hiding????????
    Good point !
    charly

    There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Any body ever heard of a "fake ID" lot's of kids get them to buy booze. So what does the photo prove? the cost to provide the free IDs is nuts. It's OK to waste that money to make sure some of the population doesn't vote for the "wrong" guy.

  5. #75
    Senior Member gmhr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    If you can stop the fraud Obama doesn't have a chance.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

  6. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wetumka, OK
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Any body ever heard of a "fake ID" lot's of kids get them to buy booze. So what does the photo prove? the cost to provide the free IDs is nuts. It's OK to waste that money to make sure some of the population doesn't vote for the "wrong" guy.
    kids use fake ID's to obtain booze....I don't think there will be a rash of 16 year olds running around trying to buy fake IDs to vote. Sorry. That argument is moot. As I stated earlier... you seem to be just fine with someone asking for your social security card, birth certificate, or proof of residence and yet you object to an ID card. What's the difference? Cost? Seriously? C'mon... you need a better argument. We give away free cell phones with our tax dollars... a $2 ID card should be okay.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    kids use fake ID's to obtain booze....I don't think there will be a rash of 16 year olds running around trying to buy fake IDs to vote. Sorry. That argument is moot. As I stated earlier... you seem to be just fine with someone asking for your social security card, birth certificate, or proof of residence and yet you object to an ID card. What's the difference? Cost? Seriously? C'mon... you need a better argument. We give away free cell phones with our tax dollars... a $2 ID card should be okay.
    what I was trying to say is that a photo ID doesn't prove anything either. If a kid can obtain a fake ID to buy booze, what's to say that the photo presented at the polling place is real. I just think that if someone already has the SS card, birth certificate or proof of residence, that it should be sufficient. why add any more obstacles to them voting? Unless you are trying to suppress the vote of people that more than likely will not vote for the "right" candidate.

  8. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wetumka, OK
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    what I was trying to say is that a photo ID doesn't prove anything either. If a kid can obtain a fake ID to buy booze, what's to say that the photo presented at the polling place is real. I just think that if someone already has the SS card, birth certificate or proof of residence, that it should be sufficient. why add any more obstacles to them voting? Unless you are trying to suppress the vote of people that more than likely will not vote for the "right" candidate.
    The SS card, birth cert, and POR are NOT being required now.... or even asked for! So, no, it's not sufficient.

    last election... I went to the school to vote. Walked in. Stated my name. little old lady found my name on the list... she said "is this you"... I said "yes" and signed the book... she handed me my ballot.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

  9. #79
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Murral, you are grasping at straws! Do you really believe the stuff you post? Just asking.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    The SS card, birth cert, and POR are NOT being required now.... or even asked for! So, no, it's not sufficient.

    last election... I went to the school to vote. Walked in. Stated my name. little old lady found my name on the list... she said "is this you"... I said "yes" and signed the book... she handed me my ballot.
    did you pull out your photo ID, or did you just take your ballot and cast your vote? did it bother you, at that time, that she didn't ask for a photo ID? Apparently it didn't bother you at that time, because you weren't worried that somebody would vote for the "wrong" candidate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •