The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop epidemic of Voter Fraud

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Murral, you are grasping at straws! Do you really believe the stuff you post? Just asking.
    I believe my posts probably as much as you believe what you post? do you believe what you post? Just asking.

It was my first time to vote. Had no idea how things were supposed to go. It has been much later in my life that I hvae gotten involved in civics.

Yes, it bothered me. It bothered me greatly. It is a huge part of why I do not understand why folks are so anti-ID.

For the record...l did not vote the "party line". Voted my conscience. As I will forever. There is no "right" or "wrong" candidate.

And there's nothing wrong with identification at the poll.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

You start with arguing against voter id and you use kids using fake id's as a reason or rationale to not enforce voters using picture id's. You really are joking aren't you?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    You start with arguing against voter id and you use kids using fake id's as a reason or rationale to not enforce voters using picture id's. You really are joking aren't you?
    I was just stating that if a kid can get a fake ID. what's to say that somebody couldn't get a fake ID to vote. Do they have the equipment to verify that the ID is valid at the polling place? Or is the person checking off names just going to look at the ID and say ok? If there's a way to get around laws, criminals will figure it out. Honest people, which I believe the vast majority of people that are going to vote are, will be who they say they are. Having an ID or not, will not deter a criminal from voting is what I am trying to say. I just don't understand why people that don't want the govt to be in our lives any more than necessary, want the govt to implement something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I invite you to read the book....Injustice, Exposing the Racial Agenda of the Obama Justice Department by J Christian Adams.

You said that there was no instance of provable voter fraud. I gave one example of a completely corrupt county so your point is disproven. If you are now going to change the argument, then all I'm going to cite is an entire book. Read it and then come back and try your argument.

As I recall, there were 3 convictions in W Virginia within the past 2 months.
    My exact words are below in red. In bold is the relevant sentence.

"Or better yet, take it Nationwide. Then do a cost break down on what the cost per documented and prosecuted casse of fraud is and how it altered any election."

Your example of a corrupt Alabama county made no mention af convictions, and if there were, I stand corrected and can see how a corrupt state like Alabama will benefit from much tighter voter ID. I will look for the cases you site in W.Va. It will be interesting to see if they wher prosicuted and what impact tehy had on the elections in question.

Might as well get a micro chip regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

those of you that use the assertion that the cost of implimentation of voter ID is cost prohibitive are being penny wise and pound foolish...

those that argue that its govt intrusion into our lives, may hold some merit, but in today's world it's very hard if not impossible to go thru life undetected...We all have a SS #, unfortunately that is the most fraudulently used # in identity theft

those that argue that there arent enough cases of voter fraud to warrant instituting some sort of system are fooling yourselves..Voter fraud has existed since elections started, but the stakes are higher with each election..

There is a reason that identity theft is so high...it's a multi million dollar business..questionable or fraudulent elections have even more at stake than millions of dollars
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I don't know how many on the forum go to vote in rather small communities, or large cities. Most of my voting life I've been in rather small communities. The people checking off the registry books are local. Many of us may know the people; and they know us. They have the signatures in the book from previous elections so they can see if the sigs match previous ones.

I lived in Philadelphia briefly, just outside Center City. I'll tell you that was VERY different in voting experience. They would NEVER remember if you walked through twice using a different name. I don't remember signing a book back then. It was a long time ago, so maybe they do that now. In a large city there can be a lot more voters at each polling place; and a lot more change of the population from one election to the next. Not at all like Ken Bora's polling place in VT.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Also...look for a case in Arkansas in the last month or so. A state representative was "stuffing the ballot box" in his favor as I recall the case. Three folks there were prosecuted and either admitted it or found guilty.

And, I've not even brought up Chicago .... or downstate Ill for that matter.

What you seem to be suggesting is that a case of voter fraud should be prosecuted only if it has national implications.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    did you pull out your photo ID, or did you just take your ballot and cast your vote? did it bother you, at that time, that she didn't ask for a photo ID? Apparently it didn't bother you at that time, because you weren't worried that somebody would vote for the "wrong" candidate.
    and I still want to know why you would think it's okay to be asked for a ss card, birth cert, or POR but not an ID?

Proof Of Residence = Form of Identification
    Social Security Card = Form of Identification
    Birth Certificate = Form of Identification
    Drivers License = Form of Identification
    Military ID = Form of Identification
    State issued ID = Form of Identification

what's the difference?
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    and I still want to know why you would think it's okay to be asked for a ss card, birth cert, or POR but not an ID?

Proof Of Residence = Form of Identification
    Social Security Card = Form of Identification
    Birth Certificate = Form of Identification
    Drivers License = Form of Identification
    Military ID = Form of Identification
    State issued ID = Form of Identification

what's the difference?
    Because I already have those and that should be enough. Why should I be required to go get another form of ID to prove what I already have as Identification.