The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question On Unions???

Default Question On Unions???

I was reading the comments about the Monday night NFL game and I ran across this;

Buzz View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Add as Contact

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Join Date Apr 2005
    Location Brookings, South Dakota

I am always glad to see the Packers lose, but this one wasn't very gratifying...

It's all good if they can take referee pensions away, and maybe bust a union to boot.

At least that's how the folks in Wisconsin seem to feel about unions.
    Since our freind "Buzz" wasn't getting his way talking politics here, he chose to disply his political largesse on the main board by trying to equate the NFL referees union to that of state employees.

My question is this, should the unions get everything they want everytime they ask for it?

Pretty simple question.................
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I was reading the comments about the Monday night NFL game and I ran across this;

Since our freind "Buzz" wasn't getting his way talking politics here, he chose to disply his political largesse on the main board by trying to equate the NFL referees union to that of state employees.

My question is this, should the unions get everything they want everytime they ask for it?

Let it go!!

You're making yourself look foolish Stan.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Let it go!!

You're making yourself look foolish Stan.
    You must be a union man??
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Stan, the problem is not always with the Union or mamagemnet. IMO the biggest problem we have in the country today is not being able to compromise on anything. Everyone wants tp blame someone but not accept there role in the problem or finding a solution.

In the case of the NFL ref's, I do find it ironic that many Packer fans who applauded Walkers union busting are now crying for the NFL to get them back to work at any cost. Lifes kind of funny sometimes.

In this case, the Ref's, they are making a good chunk of change and should be able to find a way to agree on a pension that will work for both sides, and not be dumb about it. But, the NFL is all about money and image and I don't see a settllement soon, even with the Seattle/ Packer mess.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Gold Dogs,

I am not so sure the refs are making a good chunk of change. Last night on TV it was reported that the NFL refs make a little over $9,000. per game. Sounds like a lot until you compare that to football player salaries and the big money the team franchises make.

Helen

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Gold Dogs,

I am not so sure the refs are making a good chunk of change. Last night on TV it was reported that the NFL refs make a little over $9,000. per game. Sounds like a lot until you compare that to football player salaries and the big money the team franchises make.

Helen
    Maybe it's just me, but $149,000 for a part time job is a good bit of change to me. What players make and owners is irrelevent and obscene.

The sticking point is not the salary, it's the pension, which the ref's want to continue as a traditional plan and the NFL want to change to a 401(k).

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but $149,000 for a part time job is a good bit of change to me. What players make and owners is irrelevent and obscene.

The sticking point is not the salary, it's the pension, which the ref's want to continue as a traditional plan and the NFL want to change to a 401(k).
    So you are on the side of the corporation and not the worker?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    So you are on the side of the corporation and not the worker?
    Common sense Bill, common sense. Something that is in very short supply these days.

Workers, who's demands are unreasonable, are just as much of the problem as corporations.

As previously stated, compromise is currently an ugly word, and until that changes, very little will get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Common sense Bill, common sense. Something that is in very short supply these days.

Workers, who's demands are unreasonable, are just as much of the problem as corporations.

As previously stated, compromise is currently an ugly word, and until that changes, very little will get done.
    Who are you to say their demands are unreasonable?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post

You must be a union man??
    Worse than that, mjh is an attorney , J/K could not resist the set up
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"