The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question On Unions???

I was wondering the same thing about the unions. Are some good and some bad? Or does it depend how it affects you?

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I was reading the comments about the Monday night NFL game and I ran across this;

Since our freind "Buzz" wasn't getting his way talking politics here, he chose to disply his political largesse on the main board by trying to equate the NFL referees union to that of state employees.

My question is this, should the unions get everything they want everytime they ask for it?

Pretty simple question.................
    Pretty simple, no.

If their not satisfied with 9000 bucks for a days work,,they can quit and find a better job. What a bunch of spoiled little cry babies

pete

Unions were created for the protection of the workers. The unions we have around now are just as corrupt as the compianies they claim to fight against. People deserve a good wage and safe work enviroment, the rest are all perks.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Worse than that, mjh is an attorney , J/K could not resist the set up
    I'll be damned, I thought he was a DVM!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    So you are on the side of the corporation and not the worker?
    The worker (referees) wants to keep the retirement as is and the corportation (NFL League and owners) wants to change it to a 401k. I side with the football fans. Get the regular referees back and most likely the terrible call on Monday night probably wouldn't happen. I am always glad when the packers lose, just not the way they were robbed on Monday night. the packers are really 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Who are you to say their demands are unreasonable?
    Said no such thing Bill.

You told me I was on the side of the corporation not the worker, and I corrected you with the novel idea of using common sense on both sides of a dispute.

What I said was any demand that is unreasonable is bound to cause a deadlock in any negotiation regardless of which side is being unreasonable.

IMO, the ref's pension fund should stay as is. I have seen how well most 401(k) plans have worked out the past few years. IMO the NFL and owners can afford to continue this form of pension fund.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Said no such thing Bill.

You told me I was on the side of the corporation not the worker, and I corrected you with the novel idea of using common sense on both sides of a dispute.

What I said was any demand that is unreasonable is bound to cause a deadlock in any negotiation regardless of which side is being unreasonable.

IMO, the ref's pension fund should stay as is. I have seen how well most 401(k) plans have worked out the past few years. IMO the NFL and owners can afford to continue this form of pension fund.
    That is the truest statement I have heard in a long time. The league and owners can definitely afford to keep the current referee pension system in place, not to mention the 401k

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Said no such thing Bill.

and we have seen how pension funds worked out for GM and their business model

The referees will lose this fight, because the owners control all the variables, they control the product,distribution,and the game itself...they can outlast the referees, they are prepared to use the replacements all year long,the games are still being played....even when we had the "real" refs they botched calls too, its all part of the game...the only leverage the refs have is the players or the fans..the players arent going to walk and the fans will continue to come and watch the games...the botched call on MNF was sympathetic to the "real" refs..but when they come back and they blow a call during the playoffs, will we call for the replacement refs to return ?
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

One botched call that comes to mind in recent memory with the regular refs, was Ed Hochuli blowing the coin toss call in the pittsburg game. I think they were playing the colts and it was a playoff game. somebody correct me if I'm wrong please.