RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Ure-A-Duck ,kicking butt mallard jerk decoy

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  2labs 
#1 ·
#4 ·
looks like a lot of work

#5 · (Edited)
Fish Magur Fish Vehicle
Field report- They where very quick to send order ,maybe 2 weeks tops (I ordered around the time I posted this thread).Since then I have used it apx.6 times,the supplied anchor cable does not work very well ,it holds solid but if you dont get it pushed in deep enough the decoy hits the cable in shallow water and will not dip deep enough to work properly,so I switched to an anchor which helped.

The rubber feet that are shown on the you tube video are now styrafoam and are impossible to transport without bending and coming loose,the only way to keep them in place is to super glue them,if you decide to remove them after each use they will not stay in the previous holes used.

When you do finally get these bugs worked out and are able to use it as described the balance weight that is attached to the breast area rubbs the body and QUICKLY creates large divots in the body and once the paint is wore of the foam begins to seperate.

I have emailed them several times addressing this issue with no success,as they where quick to return emails when I was looking to order and spend $$,but they have not returned 2 emails I ve sent questioning these problems especially the weight eating away the body.I see no possible way that this can not be a problem on every decoy .

My over opinion is that this product is extremely over priced ,and would not recommmend purchase.

I now use it as a bobber to pull my jerk rig back with regular decoys attached ( $65 bobber )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.