The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: what do you make of it?

Default what do you make of it?

"THE FUTURE MUST NOT BELONG TO THOSE WHO SLANDER THE PROPHET OF ISLAM" Barack Obama, 09-25-2012.

"I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    "THE FUTURE MUST NOT BELONG TO THOSE WHO SLANDER THE PROPHET OF ISLAM" Barack Obama, 09-25-2012.

Apologist in Chief doing what he does best.
    Bill Davis

What I make of it is that conservatives cannot come up with an issue against Obama that isn't taken completely out of context.

That is why they will lose.

The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt – it must be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted “Muslims, Christians, we are one.” The future must not belong to those who bully women – it must be shaped by girls who go to school, and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons. The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country’s resources – it must be won by the students and entrepreneurs; workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people. Those are the men and women that America stands with; theirs is the vision we will support.

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied. Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims, and Shiite pilgrims. It is time to heed the words of Gandhi: “Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.” Together, we must work towards a world where we are strengthened by our differences, and not defined by them. That is what America embodies, and that is the vision we will support.

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

so free speech is to be denied when in regards to religion? Believe it or not, there are a few things that I think are not so bad about Obama. The last few weeks of foreign policy have left me scratching my head though. At one time, I remember thinking he might not be so bad. Then the apology tour started. Now it seems like it's bad to use free speech if we disagree with another religion. I want slanderous, hateful, demeaning tirades to stop, too. But, the ones responsible for that are not here... they live in other countries, with other religions, other rights (and lack of rights), and other customs.
    They hear our leader say "I killed your man" and then "We need to be respectful of each other".... it's all too much for me. It just doesnt garner much respect.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Here is what the fact checkers said about Mitt accusing Obama of an apology tour.

Our ruling

Romney said Obama began his presidency "with an apology tour."

But a review of Obama’s foreign travels and remarks during his early presidency showed no evidence to support such a blunt and disparaging claim. (In later years, we found two formal apologies, but they were not at the start of his presidency and not part of a tour.)

While Obama's speeches contained some criticisms of past U.S. actions, he typically combined those passages with praise for the United States and its ideals, and he frequently mentioned how other countries had erred as well. We found not a single, full-throated apology in the bunch.

Calling those remarks "an apology tour" is a ridiculous charge. So we rate his statement Pants on Fire.
    The analysis in its entirety is here:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...is-presidency/

So, like I said in my first post on this thread...

What I make of it is that conservatives cannot come up with an issue against Obama that isn't taken completely out of context.

That is why they will lose.
    I stand by it.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Obamas admin knew within 24 hours the 9/11 attack was a terror attack yet he and his admin continued to lie he paraded Susan Rice on every Sunday show blaming the video why do you think he and all his people continued to lie. He was just on the view Tuesday and still didnt admit it. He knew it was terror and refers to it as a few bumps in the road.
    Obama took out a 70K ad to say we were sorry that ad was paid for by taxpayers thats a pretty big apology.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-27-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )