The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm voting for Obama cause he gave me a phone!!

Jdogger,
    just factual that's all. You thank me for posting a comment and I reply then I'm not being classy enough for you. Wow, you really hurt my feelings. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Classy, yes as Stan would say, very classy...
    Often imitated, never duplicated!!

Just sayin'...........
    Stan b & Elvis

Just think. 47 percent of america think like she does. (.(.(. Those include a few who post here regularly. We're screwed

The "kicker" is that the place to sign up for the phone is www.Obamaphone.net And there are 12-1/2 million of them out there!

If the cell phone is in lieu of a land line, it might be a "savings" if the public assistance previously provided a land line.

Romney is not great. He couldn't even beat the guy that couldn't beat Obama last election. Romney is the only chance we have at getting out of this mess.
    The fact that Romney could not get the 2008 nomination away from McCain really doesn't prove that McCain was the better nominee. I can recall that McCain was trailing until the 11th hour of the primaries. I don't believe that people chose McCain ... I think they un-chose the rest of the field.

Personally, I had no idea who Romney really was in 2008. The MA universal health care issue probably worked against him as well. There IS a difference between MAHealth, as proposed by Romney, (and then modified by a Dem legislature and then again modified by the Dem Gov who succeeded Romney & the Dem legislature to make it unsustainable) and Obamacare.

Truly, probably nobody could have beaten Obama in 2008 ... the scenario is quite different this time. If he wins this time, we really are in deep doo-doo. People wanted to believe that Obama was what his rhetoric promised he was.

Romney may not be the best chance to unravel the mess (v. a more Libertarian approach) ...but he sure has to be better than Obama. I can't imagine that ANYone could make a worse botch of foreign policy than O has done (Bush and Clinton aren't running). Not even the Dems would vote for the budgets presented by the President. And the stimulus spent more funds preserving public sector jobs than creating opportunity for new wealth to be generated.

Higher income taxes during a sluggish economy never have worked. As taxes become confiscatory, people find more ways to evade them. I do wonder how many people on unemployment have "cash" jobs while they're collecting UE. I saw this happened back in the 70s, and know of it happening now. The tougher times get, the more likely it is to occur. No matter how much they tax the wealthy, it is likely that the gross revenues will decrease.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

these are the people that will vote for Obama they should really make you worry. They dont know Osama is dead they think MCcain is running, and Paul Ryan is white. They only vote for obama because hes black and going to give them FREE stuff. Obama will bus them to vote in by the thousands! The median income for blacks fell 11% under Obama even Jay-z (obamas bff) says we would be better with a smaller govt but he just has to vote for obama because hes black.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-28-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    That will be the next thing that the govt will require. IQ tests with 9 forms of ID(photo), a urine sample, hair sample, pint of blood. Two notarized letters of recommendation from a member of society that is considered to be of unquestionable character, to say you are qualified to vote. HOLY SMOKES!!!! Stop the madness!!!

Well, knowing where I fall on the bell curve, I really wouldn't mind taking that test, but as for the blood, I really hate needles.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

The cell phone, IPad thing was on CNBC with Maria Bartiromo, she could not believe this was happening .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by jdogger View Post
    ........ I believe if you can't make your way to your polling place on the day of voting, your vote should not be counted. This goes for everyone. Early...absentee...military... One man, one vote. Too many exceptions are made.........
    Jd

....wow!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    these are the people that will vote for Obama they should really make you worry. They dont know Osama is dead they think MCcain is running, and Paul Ryan is white. They only vote for obama because hes black and going to give them FREE stuff. Obama will bus them to vote in by the thousands! The median income for blacks fell 11% under Obama even Jay-z (obamas bff) says we would be better with a smaller govt but he just has to vote for obama because hes black.
    agree 10000000%. Obama will call them up on election day (on their free phones), send the bus to pick them up, and take them to the polls by the thousands. We do not stand a chance. The media is in on the gig, too. (no shock). They are already saying Romney is trailing by over 14% in the swing states.... they know what's coming. All the while, my circle of aquaintences, friends, and family are all aligned with either Romney or writing in Ron Paul (yes, a total waste in my worthless opinion).

Time to plan the garden for Spring, and buy a few more cattle. Clean out the cellar. Stock up. Might not hurt to buy up penicillin, and other basic antibiotics. Going to try to stay employed. Save as much and spend as little as possible although I am not sure what good it will do when the dollar isn't worth a dime.

Sorry for the rant... but listening to those recordings of the 47% being bussed to the polls with no idea of who they are voting for or why.... well, there are more of them than there are of me so I know I stand on the losing side.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994