The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I'm voting for Obama cause he gave me a phone!!

Maybe he'll send the chair instead...

Obama empty chair suit.jpg
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Maybe he'll send the chair instead...

Obama empty chair suit.jpg
    Good one ! VBG.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

obama w/o a teleprompter vs 47%Romney (you know they will bring that up)
    is like watching a nascar race....everybody will be tuning in to see if there's a big wreck
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    ....wow!
    Just trying to stay on theme
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Here's an interesting article about the free cell phones ... and how we pay for them through the "Federal Universal Service Fee" on all our phone bills. That's $1.35 on my phone bill. I've always wondered what that fee was for. I also pay a "Federal Subscriber Line and Access Recovery Charge" of $6.20 each month. I wonder what the heck that is for?!! The cost for my phone line, itself is only $6.87. Thus the Federal govt is taking as much in "taxes" on my phone line as the actual cost of the service! Does that boggle the mind?

"Obamaphones" actually should be called "Reaganphones" ... the program began for land lines under Reagan, when people could show "need" due to medical conditions, etc. There are now 12.5 million free cell phones out there. If there are 300 million in our population, that means about 4% of the population have free phones. Of course, if we assume that the population under the age of 5 probably doesn't need one, the %-age would be higher. We might also be able to eliminate all people in prison and in full-care nursing homes.

An enlightening article:
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/...e_at_work.html

The article also raises the issue of the program soliciting participants with the name of Obama. The article reports that the website "Obamaphone.net" used to lead to the govt website for the program. The "Obamaphone.net" is now being taken down. This even riled a Democrat .. who was solicited for the program even though she is a multimillionaire
    Just how extensively has this program been marketed? Here is how one multimillionaire Democrat Senate from a swing state reports how she became a critic of the program.
    Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., received a mailed solicitation last year informing her she was eligible for a phone, leading her to question the program.

"I am troubled by the expansive potential for the program to be abused," McCaskill wrote the FCC in December.

No kidding.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I'll not vote for Mitt Romney. I do not agree with his, or P. Ryan's message. I have never agreed with the republican message, now or in the forty some-odd years I have voted. I have to admit with being disappointed, not with the message of the democrats, but with their lack of follow through. They cave to readily to the polical pressures that be.

In some forty odd days, I will go to the polls, not vote early, nor absentee. I'll show my ID, sign my name and cast my vote.

I believe if you can't make your way to your polling place on the day of voting, your vote should not be counted. This goes for everyone. Early...absentee...military... One man, one vote. Too many exceptions are made.

Efforts at restricting voting are being made...they can be overcome.

It's your choice. Show up, or shut up. JD
    Question for you then! I work for an airline and I already know I am going to be out of town for 3 days during the election, so should I not be allowed to vote? I mean I do already know how my state results are already going to turn out, but I would still like to cast my vote.
    Brandon Edmondson

Just trying to stay on theme

when did thinking goofy thoughts and placing fingers on a keyboard become a "theme"??????????????????
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoned View Post
    Question for you then! I work for an airline and I already know I am going to be out of town for 3 days during the election, so should I not be allowed to vote? I mean I do already know how my state results are already going to turn out, but I would still like to cast my vote.

oh, you work? well if one person running does not care about a, what was it now 47% I guess that by default you are in the 53% that the incumbent cares not about. must be that only those sitting at home sucking off of the government nipple. talking on the free telephone while watching the view, need to vote. silly me
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I believe if you can't make your way to your polling place on the day of voting, your vote should not be counted. This goes for everyone. Early...absentee...military... One man, one vote. Too many exceptions are made.
    Wow! Even Military huh? Have you ever served in the Military? If so, have you ever been deployed to a war zone?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    oh, you work? well if one person running does not care about a, what was it now 47% I guess that by default you are in the 53% that the incumbent cares not about. must be that only those sitting at home sucking off of the government nipple. talking on the free telephone while watching the view, need to vote. silly me
    Yes sir Ken sad to say I am one of the idiots in the 53% that actually works! Guess because I will be out of town during the elcetion I shouldn't be allowed to vote either... Like Brian said, even the poor millitary I guess shouldn't be allowed to vote!?!? I noticed he even said "one man one vote", I guess he doesn't even want to women to vote, WOW! I learn something new everyday I guess.
    Last edited by Brandoned; 09-30-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    Brandon Edmondson