RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Ryder Cup gdg

5K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Wade Thurman 
#1 ·
Boy, I know it's early, very early but the USA team looks terrible.

#2 ·
they always do poorly in alternate shot, but it sure is fun to watch a Team competition in an individual sport...Nice to see the US in Red,White and Blue attire.....USA ,USA,USA

#7 ·
The USA is looking good, although Woods and Stricker still can't seem to get going. Bradley has been nothing short of amazing to watch. If they can split the afternoon today it's OVER!!!

#13 ·
This comeback does not tie!!!! This was thee greatest comeback ever. Brookline was on home turf, this one done by the Euro's was on foreign soil. Woods once again lets his USA mates down horribly. The guy shows zero emotion when it comes to this stuff. Now had he sunk a huge putt on 17 to gain the lead at the Master or the Open you would have gotten the famous Tiger fist pump. Nope not here, just a ho hum response and onto the next tee.

I got sicker and sicker as the afternoon went on yesterday to the point where I threw up in discussed. Just a real sad state for the US golfing community.

#11 ·
Hats off to the European squad they outplayed the US team on Sunday...as much as they won it, there were many on the US team that are responsible for their epic collapse ..No Excuses, its still a gentlemans game, you shake your opponents hand and congratulate him for playing well...

#14 · (Edited)
No golfer me; given the choice between doing time in prison or a British golf club, I'd take Her Majesties holiday camp anytime.

I do think all the chat about US golf being in terminal decline is a bit premature, it was after all a very close finish, and there are by all accounts some young, strong guys coming through. Tigger has never been the top of my hit parade as a sportsman; a miserable looking sod who appears to be suffering from painful constipation, and obviously has been a generous donor in a charisma transplant. From a Euro point of view he's wonderful and should play in the Ryder Cup until he's a hundred tears old, but I think his time has gone. Not one of natures team players, if he was in the Euro side Poulter for one would drag him round the back of the clubhouse and chin him.

When Faldos team were beaten in the US his valedictory remark was "See you at Celtic Manor, bring your waterproofs," probably the only intelligent thing he ever said as a captain. Well all you US based chums, in 2014 it's at Gleneagles, where it's currently raining and has been forever; I don't think it will abate in the next couple of years either. Fer cryin' out loud have you ever been to Perthshire in late September? So again, bring your waterproofs, Celtic Manor was just a bit of mist compared to what you'll find up there.

Will it be a three iron or your wellies Mr Woods?:cool:

Eug

#16 ·
It still amazes me that between Tiger, Stricker and Furyk they had 1.5 points TOTAL. That's disturbing.

And I completely agree with what Wade said about the emotion(less) Tiger. Even Duff got pumped out and got the crowd going during the round and he NEVER shows any emotion.

#17 ·
I am far from being a Tiger fan (and I have known him and his family since he was a kid) but in his defense he played very well on Sat afternoon 4-ball, he carried Stricker who had a horrible Cup, they just ran into a kid from Belgium that played unbelieveable...very few people can or want to team with Tiger and Stricker brought nothing to the table this time around...Furyk continued to "choke" in another major this year..he gave away the US Open with the same type of play

#18 ·
I swear, if I were the Ryder cup captian for the Americans Woods would never make it as a captians pick with me. He has a terrible cup record and again brings nothing from an emotional standpoint. I believe the Euro's feed off that especially from Poulter. He is their life blood, their leader.

I believe we have seen the last of both Stricker and Furyk at the Ryder Cup and Philly Mick might be done as well based on age. I can't wait for 2 years to go by to have a re-do.

#19 ·
I am in no way a golfer but it just looked like the USA got out played on Sunday ....Why do we look for someone to lay the blame on for the loss ...? In team sports there is always more than one or two " if this or that had happened we could have won ,..." As I saw it one man on the Euro team got hotter than a firecracker and that was the reason they won ...Inspiration for the rest maybe...Just my take on the whole thing....Steve S

#20 ·
Steve, if you think I am pointing the finger at Woods that is certainly not my intention. I am trying to state that as the supposeded GOD of American golf he has given virturely nothing when it comes to Ryder cup play. His record speaks for that and most of us can see he cares little for the team aspect.
No finger pointing here other than to say 9 player threw up in their respective mouths on Sunday or pissed down their leg. However one chooses to look at it, there was no reason for a collaspe of this magnitude to happen on home turf!!!

#22 ·
I agree all 9 had a bad day ovreall....not just one ....I truely believe they got out played ,,,,It is easy to say "they dropped the ball " but give credit where it is due...I try to look at it as the best always win on a given day, not some one choked....even though that does happen .....Steve S

#23 ·
As far as the courses go Mike I would agree. A few of the Euro's play as much of their schedules here as they do on the European tour. However, where ever it is played that team has the "home turf" advantage based if nothing else on the fans and the noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.