The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: What do you think about the discussion content at RTF.

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • To much BS, let's stick to dawg training discussion only.

38 15.32%
  • I like it how it is. Mainly dawg talk, but occasional BS and humor is good for the soul.

206 83.06%
  • We talk to much dawgs, let's discuss politics and religion!

4 1.61%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get an official count...

Default Let's get an official count...

We've had conversations in the past about the amount of non-dawg related talk that goes on at RTF. Personally, i feel like the conversations here are that of a tailgate and beer cooler discussion after a test or trial. To me, that is a good thing. Some of us have been doing this for 4+ years together and it's hard not to stray a little from the focus of dawg training.

What do yall think?

Shayne

all work and no play makes paul a dull boy. (see?)
    i think the humor is valuable. sometimes we get spun up on a topic and a little humor can quiet things down. also fuels the imagination. ever wonder what what a restricted stake consists of in aussie trials? or what jerry's swiggin?
    i like it fine,the way it is!-paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

I like it because, as I've stated before, there are only so many questions, answers, opinions, relating strictly to dog training that can be posted.

Having said that, it does seem a bit difficult to draw on the knowledge of some folks that don't want to wade through some of the "idle" chatter.

Jerry
    "Where The Hell Is Bedias, TX?"

Thus far, there are 3 votes for "cut out the BS". I'd like to hear from those people and hear some ideas on how to keep people interested and posting without the BS?

Shayne

Shayne,

I think the poll is a good idea. This will be interesting!

(little) Chris

I voted to leave things like they are. But when your name is Bill Spitzer, it's kinda difficult to see my initials used in a disparaging manner. After all, few of us are as thick skinned as Jerry.

UB..recalling an amusing quote by Jack Nicholson " My mother could never understand the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch."
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill
    I voted to leave things like they are. But when your name is Bill Spitzer, it's kinda difficult to see my initials used in a disparaging manner. After all, few of us are as thick skinned as Jerry.

UB..recalling an amusing quote by Jack Nicholson " My mother could never understand the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch."
    Good points B.S.! Here's another cool quote from old Wendell Carlson - the inventor of the Carlson Calling System (duck calling).

"Old Duck Callers' minds are like concrete - all mixed up and permanently set. To learn to call better - their mind will only work if operated like a parachute - WIDE open." - that is paraphrased some, no doubt but good stuff....

I've always been sensitive about my first name - since from 1st - 4th grade, there were 4 kids named "Chris" and I was the only boy. I guess I could have been named Terry or Pat though huh?

I like to stray from the subject and have fun with BS but their are a couple of things I would add. I don't like to see any personal jabs thrown that go to the board. Sometimes people are very passionate about a subject but if you want to say something that is directed at a person and not the group as a whole send a PM. An example would be when Jeff from NAHRA is brave enough to post to this board and accept criticism. Some of the posts in that thread were mean spirited, pointless and added nothing of value to the conversation.

Can't we all just get along.

I like things as they are. I think there is a good mix of training and misc BS. Life is too short to never take the time to laugh. For me personally, I think a bit of BS makes the board a friendlier place and that makes me feel more comfortable asking questions. I know some stuff but there is alot I don't know about training/breeding(dogs), etc and I don't feel intimidated about asking any questions.

And that and $1.64 will buy you 1 gallon of unleaded gas!

Andy
    Andy

"You can't win until you are not afraid to lose."

Luckydux Cheese And Quackers CD MH - Briezy (7/20/99-4/4/14)
    FTCH AFTCH Luckydux Drakehaven Hot Ticket*** - Ticket
    Luckydux Gave Her Momma Forty Quacks*** - Lizzie
    Luckydux Quacker Jaxx WC JH - Jaxxy
    Luckydux Graham Quacker WC JH -Graham
    Luckydux Penny In A Parking Lot - Penny

I think it is only proper that this board has a TEXAS flare to it! That would be big BS from folks like myself, Shayne, Jerry, Big Chris, G-Man, and many others in and from TEXAS that post on this board. Thick skin is something you must have to be sucessful in life. And it's bred in this great state. (Sorry to thoughs I did not name.. too bad, deal with it. Cowboy Up!!)

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty
    Spanking is too Amish!

Best to use a new G2 500 - 2 child model. Much more humane!
    For over 13 years old, get one with a long 32 inch collar that fits around the groin area. :P