The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Lost Dog (Border Collie) Lake Zurich, IL

I'm so sorry . I don't know what I would do if I was in her shoes. Please tell her she's in our prayers. On www.facebook.com/findingbelladog. Look on the right to finding dooley. It's the story of a Shellie that was lost in the Nevada desert for 57 days he was found and is home. Don't give up hope
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I agree...don't give up..too soon to do that. So hoping for a good ending.

Best,

Judy
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec UD MH CGC WCX ***(All-Breed AM 2nd)
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

Quote Originally Posted by HiRollerlabs View Post
    I believe the US Post Office has a similar product where they will do a mailing to a select area. Check on usps.com.

That might be a less expensive route than hiring a company to do flyers.
    Great idea... I'll check it out. Some rescue group put a psychic in touch with Jeanette. First she said Justen was dead. Then realized it could not have been him. Said he was in a red brick building with a fence around it. Today, she says she "feels him" in two areas.... the owner is not sure of where the two streets are. It's kind of funny to read this stuff. She said that he was "still in his body" and on "this side of the veil"....

Hey, at this point, whatever will bring him home.... she appreciates everyone's concern and prayers.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Sending more prayers up! Man I hope they find him and that he's safe and sound. I don't remember if this was mentioned before but does he have a microchip??? Maybe if he gets close to houses and someone picks him up they'll take him in and if he has one he'll be on a fast track home.
    God bless!- Jamee

When you stop having fun, it's time to quit!!
    "If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either"- Author unknown

My team:
    HR Dr. J's RxRated High Caliber JH "Kali"
    White Oak's Change of Plans "Bodee"
    #1 cheerleader: SJ's Gotta-Lot-A Go Lil "Jake"

Gone but never forgotten:
    HR Stevie-Joe's Super "Star"- my heart dog, I love you baby
    October 24, 2001-January 6, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jamee Strange View Post
    Sending more prayers up! Man I hope they find him and that he's safe and sound. I don't remember if this was mentioned before but does he have a microchip??? Maybe if he gets close to houses and someone picks him up they'll take him in and if he has one he'll be on a fast track home.
    That's what we are hoping... and yes, he is very micro-chipped....
    Susan

Well, as you more than likely know, Susan, the two Aussies are found ...so now the BC... and all will be well, for these dog's anyway. I do appreciate that there are many more lost and not found yet, but the news of the Aussie pup is so encouraging.

Judy
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec UD MH CGC WCX ***(All-Breed AM 2nd)
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

Does she have a Facebook page like bring justin home? It helps to have a lot of people watching for him. A fellow RTF member just got her dog back because someone found him and had him scanned for a micro chip, he had been missing for almost a year.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 11-20-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Susan,

We live about 12 miles from Lake Zurich. Please contact me if I can help in any way.

I wish I had thought of this sooner. Lake Zurich has a very large and active running club. http://www.alpinerunners.com/

By contacting them you could enlist a small army of individuals regularly afoot in the area. Runners tend to seek remote, low-traffic locations and trails, perhaps locations a scared dog might seek seclusion. Loose dogs and runners regularly encounter one another.

Back when I was an avid runner, this club used to host an annual Thanksgiving morning run (both a social event and a pre-feast workout) that had a large turnout. This might be a good opportunity to make a face-to-face request for help from this club.

Again, I'd be more than happy to help with any efforts to find your friend's dog.

Jim

People need to be aware and looking

Quote Originally Posted by T-Pines View Post
    Susan,

We live about 12 miles from Lake Zurich. Please contact me if I can help in any way.

I wish I had thought of this sooner. Lake Zurich has a very large and active running club. http://www.alpinerunners.com/

By contacting them you could enlist a small army of individuals regularly afoot in the area. Runners tend to seek remote, low-traffic locations and trails, perhaps locations a scared dog might seek seclusion. Loose dogs and runners regularly encounter one another.

Back when I was an avid runner, this club used to host an annual Thanksgiving morning run (both a social event and a pre-feast workout) that had a large turnout. This might be a good opportunity to make a face-to-face request for help from this club.

Again, I'd be more than happy to help with any efforts to find your friend's dog.

Jim
    That's a great idea Jim about the running group..... I'm going to contact them and see if they can't get a message out to their group...... I'll also let Jeanette know about your kind offer.
    Susan