RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Lost Dog (Border Collie) Lake Zurich, IL

16K views 70 replies 10 participants last post by  Jamee Strange 
#1 · (Edited)

LOST DOG in Lake Zurich Illinois. Justin is 4 years old neutered male about 50#. Skittish of men. Lost 2 days ago when the lawn people left his gate open. His mom is THE most dedicated Vet Tech ever and Ruckus' BFF. His onwer just got out of the hospital, and misses Justin terribly, plus she is worried as heck.

Please feel free to cross post anywhere you can think of.

contact SGBLAW@aol.com. Reward.

See less See more
#5 ·
Not even a sighting.... :)

Some sicko called pretending to have the dog. Thought it was funny to get her hopes up.

#3 ·
A couple ot tips. Talk to the neighborhood children. They always seem to know which dogs belong where. Also, the mailman. He visits every house most days and can say if a "new" dog is around.

G
#4 ·
get on craigslist and hang flyers notify vets petstores. My friends dog went missing in Jan she got a call yesterday that someone turned a dog in to the vet they scanned for chip it came back as her dog its almost been a year. Thank God he's s back home. Prayers sent that she find Justin fast.

#7 ·
also, if you have facebook, I know WI has a page for Lost Dogs of Wisconsin. IL might as well.

I had a friend that found a BC the same time you posted this but the dog he found had shorter hair and I don't think the color markings matched. Plus the dog was found near Green Bay, doubtful that it's the same dog.

#9 ·
Any update??

#10 ·
There was a sighting Monday. He has been hanging around near the rail road track. A lady had been watching him who lives near there, and then saw my friend's flyer.

They were getting a trap yesterday. I also posted on Craiglist for her last night - she was having trouble with it.

I am still praying for Justin's safe return home. Thanks to those who have been inquring.

#12 ·
Can the owner go and call for the dog? Prayers are sent.
She has been..... she has scratches all over, including her face, from going through the brush. I am sure he is very freaked out by the whole thing.

#14 ·
Prayers sent she finds him soon. Does she have another dog that he might come to?

Yes. And she's been taking that one with her.

#17 ·
Any good news?

#18 ·
Jeanette actually saw Justin yesterday. But she couldn't get close enough to get him. He is staying in the area, but seems to be moving closer to home. She is leaving food out, but the racoons get a lot of it. He is a skittish dog, and I'm sure he is very freaked out. we are all still praying for his safe return.

I offered to go and sit out with her over night - small tent, etc. with a warm plate to keep the food warm and fragrant....

#20 ·
Sitting all nite in the tent sounds good..that worked here for a dog lost by Portland Jet Port a couple of years ago. Owner flew in from West Coast and camped out. After lots of people trying to get him to come to them, owner had shipped dog's crate, some of his clothing etc. Ultimately it was the owner that was successful.

Sounds pretty good...hope she has him soon.

Judy

#22 ·
Definitely. she has also been in touch with the lady who helped find Bella. she has told her the best way to catch a herding dog. I think she is going to be sitting out there with her camp stove etc to find him. the weather has gotten quite cold , and the owner is quite worried.

#25 ·
Prayers sent that they get him back. My lawn company did that one day when it was 115 degrees outside in the summer and my female got hot after running around and came back in through the dog door. I didn't even know they had gotten out. I ran out and was screaming for my boy for about 15 minutes. After the last scream through my tears, I looked up and saw him running around a house toward me about 5 houses down. I collapsed I was so happy. I was very lucky and I know that. Thank goodness my girl was smart enough to come back in since she got hot or who knows how long I would have thought they were in the yard. Will never make that mistake again and check on them through the windows often now.

By the way, I called the company and spoke with the manager and tore them a new one!! They will also never do that again. Best of luck to her! These stories break my heart and seem to be popping up more and more frequently....

As for the sicko that thought it was funny to call her, someone should either take a 12 gauge to him or bust him right between the eyes with the butt of a gun stock!! I'd be happy to volunteer! I hate people sometimes.....

#26 ·
As for the sicko that thought it was funny to call her, someone should either take a 12 gauge to him or bust him right between the eyes with the butt of a gun stock!! I'd be happy to volunteer! I hate people sometimes.....
Yeah, this guy..... his phone number went back to a computer. We were able to do somewhat of a trace. he does it to everyone practically that posts a lost dog. there will be a special place in hell for this guy, is my guess.

There was a sighting of Justin on Sunday. She has 2 live traps out, and a gated area (the lady who found Bella advised this for herding dogs) with her clothes, food etc there. I know she was back out there again tonite, (and every night) even though it's raining now.

I keep praying for Justin...

#29 ·
We are still praying for Justin. It has been over a week since he was last spotted. He was seen through field glasses rolling on his blanket at the feeding station his owner created on Sunday October 14, 2012 by two clients of hers - being men, they did not approach him. (Justin is afraid of men). Has not been seen since.

The search efforts continue.

:(

G
#30 · (Edited)
thanks for the update prayers are sent for her and Justin. I can't imagine how horrible this is for them both. You can post an ad for him on bellas page alot of people look at it . www.facebook.com/findingbelladog they are keeping the page running fior help in finding lost dogs the more people that know the better.

Put the cage near the feeding station put the blanket inside with food, toys, does she have a night scope he probably hides in the day & comes out at night.

#31 ·
Has she tented out overnight in that area? ..that is how a dog here was finally caught several years ago. Seen but could not be approached afterexcaping from kennel at jetport. Owner flew in from west coast and camped out. Came right to him.. Nothing else would do.

Sure hope for some good news..

Judy

#32 ·
Justin has not been seen since October 14, 2012. Yesterday, there were tons of volunteers that searched the wooded area near the last sighting. No sign of him. :( We are still praying for his safe return.

#33 ·
OH NO!!! This is horrible to hear! Still praying that they find him and he is brought home safe and sound!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.