The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spokane RC

Default Spokane RC

I was marshalling the Open all day so had no chance to post anything. The first series was a triple with two retired - relatively short with long mark on the right thrown from a mound on a hill left to right onto the side of a slope just below a ridgeline. The short middle bird was on the flat below thrown left to right from one row of cover to just behind a large piece of thick bushy cover. The flyer on the left was last shot left to right into heavy cover - tall grass and tules. Some dogs had problems finding the flyer, some over ran the short retired, still others had big hunts on the long retired. 43 dogs were called back to the land blind which ran across all the lines to the marks and by the flyer crates. The wind was blowing left to right across the line and most dogs wanted to head right due to the terrain and the scent from the flyer crates. There were a lot of casts into the wind for many dogs although some lined the blind or nearly so. Those called back to the 3rd series tomorrow morning (34 dogs) are:

1,4,5,6,10,11,13,14,16,18,19,20,26,28,30,31,32,34, 37,38,41,42,43,45,48,50,51,52,54,55,56,57,58,60
    Judy

CFC-CAFC Heads Up Tracks in the Taiga MH, WC ***, Can. WCI, JFTR, QFTR - U.S. all-breed Amateur placements/JAMS, Am-Can Qual Wins (Trek) 1/31/07

Heads Up Dash to the Taiga WC **(Dart) 10/29/12

Can. GMH Coppertop Wind in the Taiga MH, WCX **, Can. CD, WCX, QFTR *** (Breeze) 9/5/00 - 9/30/10

Photo of one-year-old Trek by Greg Gersbach

I believe the Qual finished tonight but I don't have the results. If I can find out, I will post.

As posted in the other Spokane thread....WAY TO GO COVEY AND ART ROURKE!

Sarita & Bill
    Sarita McKnight
    MOONSTONE LABRADORS llc
    Bigfork MT 59911
    www.moonstonelabs.com
    AFC BAMS Liberty Belle MH
    FC-AFC-CNAFC-CFC-CAFC MOONSTONES Hug and Moochie
    FC-AFC MOONSTONES Sea Biscuit Run
    AFC MOONSTONES Ham-Maid Marian
    (406) 249-4140 or (406) 257-7311
    Avatar is AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH ~ 31 MAR 1995-7 OCT 2010
    Photo taken on her 15th birthday...

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Myers View Post
    I believe the Qual finished tonight but I don't have the results. If I can find out, I will post.
    The Qual did finish. Only got partial results. If I get the full results I will post.
    Rick Curtis ~ Now in Ontario, CA

Little Man Caught It On The River SH ~ "Ace"

Handlers Handle, Dogs Dog, Judges Judge

"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart."
    ~Rex Carr

Open callbacks to the 4th:

Judy

CFC-CAFC Heads Up Tracks in the Taiga MH, WC ***, Can. WCI, JFTR, QFTR - U.S. all-breed Amateur placements/JAMS, Am-Can Qual Wins (Trek) 1/31/07

Can. GMH Coppertop Wind in the Taiga MH, WCX **, Can. CD, WCX, QFTR *** (Breeze) 9/5/00 - 9/30/10

The Amateur land blind proved challenging. There was a hidden dry pop to the left. The blind went down a slope into heavy cover. The dogs could disappear in the cover and reappear somewhere else. The dogs were very attracted to the area of the hidden dry pop. The blind was downwind, so the dogs seemed to be able to hear the whistles, but the sun was getting low behind the handlers and the dogs were running on a lower level, so visibility was sometimes an issue. The blind required quick reflexes and sometimes acrobatic handling to get the dogs to respond to casts.

Callbacks to the 3rd series (22 dogs):

2,5,8,9,11,17,18,20,24,26,27,28,29,30,34,36,39,40, 46,47,48,50

Judy thanks so much. I am sure you were tired ater marshalling all day at the Open. Your reports are really appreciated.
    Field trialer. I have an FC Golden Retriever and running trials Casey and a retired FT black lab Lightning.
    Marie Annette Doherty

Good Luck Bill and Livvy
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

All dogs in the Derby were called back to the second series.

The Amateur land blind had a poison bird thrown close to the shore and a tight shoreline swim past it, then onto a point and then off out to sea to the far shore. Callbacks to the 4th series (10 dogs):

Judy

Open results:

1st - Ford - Panarites/Gonia
    2nd - Biscuit - McKnight
    3rd - Chance - Calvert
    4th - Trudi - Futhey/Erhardt
    There was an RJ and some JAMs, but I have not yet found out who they were.
    Judy