The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Social Security

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    No I would not look the other way on hunting violators... But they most likely would not be my next door neighbors who knew that I knew they were the crooks. If I felt I could do it anonymously I would, otherwise... No.

As for the gov't meddling in our lives, that is a lib specialty. I hate it. But in a case where they set up a program using OUR money, the gov't owes it to us to makes sure the program is not rife with fraud like so many of the gov't programs are.

Obama and his gang is already doing a good enough job of turning Americans against other Americans.
    I think it is our duty as citizens to report such things when there is known abuse of any system using OUR money. If I knew of someone gaming the system like what was described, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the phone, neighbors or not. It's wrong and should be reported. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Explain this to me...

A neighbor of ours divorced her first husband years ago. She remarried but he did not. He died still single. Last year she divorced her #2 husband (married over 20 years and they are still living together). She figured out she could get $400 more per month in Social Security based upon her first husband so she divorced husband #2 and reapplied based on her first husband. She is now getting the increased social security.

Obama phones? Her 90 year old mother living on Social Security got a free Obama phone with unlimited minutes. She gave it to her daughter to use. Working the system, working the system... it irks me to hear her brag about it.
    Helen, your post points out a need for us to get things changed. Thanks for posting it.

I doubt that what has been explained here is against the rules. Sorry to say but having turned in a drug dealer who was doing things against the law and seeing no results I can of think the powers that be as useless drones. I am not trying to influence anyone against turning them in because if it were me I would turn them in. Just stating my experience.

People on SSI are allowed to work and should if they are able. Not sure about how that will change what they draw though. It's a crazy country we have developed !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    ...... Do you look the other way if someone is violating hunting laws, or do you turn them in using the "TIPS" line? "It is incumbent on the gov't to control the fraud, waste & abuse. ..........
    look another way, nay.
    call a tip line, I gotta walk all the way back to the truck.
    option 3 walk right up and get in sombodys face.
    I can take up some space, in a face!
    incumbent on the government? WE are the government.
    be like having your gardener handle your home security?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

You guys all sound real tough. I used to be that way too when I was younger. Made my wife mad all the time for getting after people for parking in handicap spots when they were obviusly not handicapped etc...

Like I said, go over to the main board and read the thread on Pat Mchale and think for 1 minute about how short life is... You get in the wrong persons face these days for a second... and it can be over. It's not like when we were growing up and you might get a black eye... These days you get shot.
    Bill Davis

You guys all sound real tough. I used to be that way too when I was younger. Made my wife mad all the time for getting after people for parking in handicap spots when they were obviusly not handicapped etc...

Like I said, go over to the main board and read the thread on Pat Mchale and think for 1 minute about how short life is... You get in the wrong persons face these days for a second... and it can be over. It's not like when we were growing up and you might get a black eye... These days you get shot.
    Good post. Especially the last two sentences !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Banned

Didn't say get in somebody's face. Just pick up the phone and make a call. That is not tough talk at all, it's the moral and right thing to do. "You don't do things right once in a while. You do them right all the time!!!" Vince Lombardi

Or quit complaining about it

to all harping to "file a complaint" or "quit complaining"

try it. you will see why no one does it.

voice of experience regards.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Or quit complaining about it
    You probably think is ok.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    to all harping to "file a complaint" or "quit complaining"

try it. you will see why no one does it.

voice of experience regards.
    If enough people made the calls. sooner or later action would be taken.