RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

7.5 year old boy handles his BLF to Hunting Retriever Title

7K views 32 replies 29 participants last post by  Richard Davis 
#1 · (Edited)
I usually don't brag on public forums, but this is my 7.5 year old boy Jacob Akin and his BLF 'Smokie' this past weekend at Deer River HRC. He successfully handled her to a SHR title this past spring, and now a HR Title as of Sunday. He will run his first 'Finished' test at Pin Oak HRC on Saturday.

Soldier Army Military Infantry Recreation
Vertebrate Dog Canidae Sporting Group Hunting dog
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part Automobile repair shop
Swamp Duck Wetland Water Water bird

See less See more
#27 ·
Go get em Jacob.

Good luck at Pin Oak.

Janet

#29 ·
Wow! The dog is almost older than the handler. They obviously make a great team. Looking forward to hearing more good news.

Wally

#32 ·
We practiced for Seasoned all summer and did not plan to try Finished until next spring, so tomorrow is a bonus-- I will probably be more relaxed than the last couple of weekends. Truth be told, it is not Jake that makes me nervous, it is the dog, particularly on the blinds. I have only seen 2 finished tests and have little idea what to expect in terms of distance, etc. Just going to go to have fun and if we get a Finished pass, that is a bonus! If not, we have a better idea what to practice all winter.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.