RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

7.5 year old boy handles his BLF to Hunting Retriever Title

7K views 32 replies 29 participants last post by  Richard Davis 
#1 · (Edited)
I usually don't brag on public forums, but this is my 7.5 year old boy Jacob Akin and his BLF 'Smokie' this past weekend at Deer River HRC. He successfully handled her to a SHR title this past spring, and now a HR Title as of Sunday. He will run his first 'Finished' test at Pin Oak HRC on Saturday.

Soldier Army Military Infantry Recreation
Vertebrate Dog Canidae Sporting Group Hunting dog
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part Automobile repair shop
Swamp Duck Wetland Water Water bird

See less See more
#2 ·
Love it! I love watching the kids run the dogs :)

#11 ·
I usually don't brag on public forums, but this is my 7.5 year old boy and his BLF 'Smokie' this past weekend at Deer River HRC. He successfully handled her to a SHR title this past spring, and now a HR Title as of Sunday. He will run his first 'Finished' test at Pin Oak HRC on Saturday.
I'm sorry, but I am going to have to correct you. What you meant to type was "my 7.5 year old young man"!!! What a great accomplishment! That pond you guys ran in looks pretty tough.

#18 ·
awesome news I just thought I had fun running dogs, when my kids run our dogs it doesn't get any better. I told paige that no matter what it costs to ride jumping ponies for Ira or getting another Ft dog just for Wick it was cheaper than rehab and we would be with the kids and know who they were running around with. A great way to spend time with your family is to get them involved at a early age.

#20 ·
Watched Jacob at South Ark HRC couple weeks ago...he is much cooler and calm then ole dad!!!!!!

#22 ·
Congratulations on a job well done young man!!

#23 ·
Tell you son congrats. I let my daughter run an experienced dog run started in NaHRA this summer and spring, she is a few years away from stepping up to Intermediate, but from expereience, the feeling the dad gets is relief when the bird is picked up!! way cool and "it aint braggin if its true" is what my dad always told me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.