The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Google Earth view of some training water we get to use on occasion

Senior Member Lucky Number Seven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    And they thought my picture had some long swims!

I had to zoom out otherwise I would give away my hunting spots because they are marked on Google Maps and I can't turn them off otherwise I lose them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    this is the first thing that pooped into my mind
    NAHRA Field test, senior. your driving your truck down the road and see ducks. you stop and get out of truck. that is your story of how you got the handler to the pink running line. Ducks go down 1, 2, 3. Live shot bird is #3 out into the "cut corn??" You pick up the birds. Then you get back in yout truck and drive away = handler walks down the road. then from in back your brothers, third wifes oldest son from her first husband, who got out of the truck with you drops one more bird. That is the shot que. So you and Rover run a blind retrieve cross running lines and near the live bird fall area. Wind is a wee little breeze blowing from fall #1 to fall #3

We did something almost identical to this 2 weeks ago to help my buddy and his dog prepare for the AKC Master National! Nearly identical line and marks!
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    We did something almost identical to this 2 weeks ago to help my buddy and his dog prepare for the AKC Master National! Nearly identical line and marks!
    cool!
    is it swimming or lunging water up in the back of those points?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    cool!
    is it swimming or lunging water up in the back of those points?
    All swimming water.
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Here's a triple:

First bird down is the long one on the right, which looks like it would land on a hill, retired. Wind would influence the dog to the left, perhaps into the flyer, which would go down second. Go bird is thrown inward, of course, the thrower would need to stand in view of the dog (not behind the tree).
    El Matavenados

Wow! that IS a tripple!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin