The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Debate Prediction

Default Debate Prediction

I predict that Romney will attempt to be offensive but end up defending his flawed position. While the experts say that Obama has to just not make any mistakes....I predict he will be offensive spelling out the benefits of obamacare and his economic policy. End result...Obama goes up in the polls and Romney gets desperate.

I predict both will claim victory.

I predict that, just as Hillary did, Mitt will make the President get miffed by staying on point.
    while I am sure his handlers will tell him what to do. If we get to see a huffy, no teleprompter president.
    It will get good.
    I predict ABC, CBS and NBC will say the President won and that FOX News (fair and balanced) will say Mitt won.
    I predict more people will watch jersey snore than the debates.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I agree with Ken; pretty much verbatim.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell.

The only way Mitt can get ahead is to make Obama visibly mad to the audience...otherwise put a stick in him

MY PREDICTION:

The press will claim victory for Obama

The "technical" debaters will claim triumph for Romney.

Both will make huge glaring blunders.
    (media will only notice those made by Romney)

Obama will emerge as the "people's president" because he will say something in street slang.
    Romney will look like the elitist that he is... he just can't help it, at some point he will come across as condescending and judgemental.

Big Winner: Big Government

Big Loser: American Public.

"I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    MY PREDICTION:

The press will claim victory for Obama

The "technical" debaters will claim triumph for Romney.

Both will make huge glaring blunders.
    (media will only notice those made by Romney)

Obama will emerge as the "people's president" because he will say something in street slang.
    Romney will look like the elitist that he is... he just can't help it, at some point he will come across as condescending and judgemental.

Big Winner: Big Government

Big Loser: American Public.

I think you got it right.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

CNN is so upset now because Obama has lost his convention bump. Obama can lose his cool when he's provoked, But the press will side with him no matter what. If he doesnt do well its because he's been so busy ( with Letterman and the View)
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

You must not be looking at the same polls the rest of us are

Based upon what I have seen of both men in previous debates, I would have to give the edge to Obama in oral skills. I think the one who can remain cool and calm will come out on top. I think it will depend on who gets under whose skin 1st.