RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Need a vibrator

4K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  pupaloo 
#1 ·
So over the past few weeks it has become apparent that my oldtimer is virtually deaf (knew I was in trouble when she didn't hear the can opener). She is a healthy happy 12 year old dog that still likes to chase the pen raised pheasants and fetch a duck or 2 but communicating with her is going to be problematic. I thought about just nicking her when I wanted to get her attention but that didn't seem fair. About a thousand or so years ago Tri-Tronics used to have a vibrate feature on their collars. The one that I had would vibrate first and then whack if memory serves ( the vibrate was more than enough correction in most cases).

Just wondering if there is still a similar option or if anyone has any ideas about how to get her to look at me.

In need of a good buzz regards

Bubba

#3 ·
Dogtra collars still have vibrate function. I have one that needs a little collar clinic repair I'll sell/trade/give ya....whatcha got Bubba? I could use some fish, grass fed beef or anything that your better looking side may have made..

#4 ·
#6 ·
#5 ·
Tri tronics does not...Dogtra and about a million others do offer the vibrate/page function. Remember, putting you cell phone in your pocket a getting somebody to call you "is not" what they mean by phone sex :)

#8 ·
#9 ·
All of the Dogtra models offer the "page" function. It is a seperate button on the transmitter that causes the collar to vibrate instead of shock. My 10 year old went deaf due to chronic ear infections one year about 2 weeks prior to the Grand. Luckily for me he didn't lose his entire range of hearing he just couldnt hear voices. As long as distances were kept to HT limits he could hear whistles just fine. Now, 2 years later he is all but deaf and doesnt hear much any more. He no longer wears an e collar but as easy at it has been to teah him "sign language" the vibrate feature shouldnt be too hard to teach.

#10 ·
I think, not a 100% sure, that the Buzz feature is a tone not a vibrate on the tritronics G3 sport models. The receivers are the same as the Pro and field models. Only the sport jr has a different reciever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.