The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Feds purchase prison 165 million

Default Feds purchase prison 165 million

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...,5439734.story

in hopes to bring gitmo detainees here
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

why was that facility sitting empty? There are several prison corporations who I am sure would have purchased it... CCA comes to mind.... they run most of the bad boy clubs around here. Or did our president make a back room deal with someone in IL to leave it empty so the govt could swoop in and save the day?
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    why was that facility sitting empty? There are several prison corporations who I am sure would have purchased it... CCA comes to mind.... they run most of the bad boy clubs around here. Or did our president make a back room deal with someone in IL to leave it empty so the govt could swoop in and save the day?
    well it's in Illinois...and Senator Dick Durbin's home turf....follow the money trail..somebody in the state made money
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The State of Illinois essentially went bankrupt after the construction was started. Ill can't afford to operate the prison. It's near Savana, ILL.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    The State of Illinois essentially went bankrupt after the construction was started. Ill can't afford to operate the prison. It's near Savana, ILL.
    most states claim the inability to finacially support a prison.... so corps like CCA step in and run them.... but, guess who pays the bill? yup. the state. Now, what kinda goofy crap is that??? you can pay for your prisoners to live there but not run the place? hmmmm
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    well it's in Illinois...and Senator Dick Durbin's home turf....follow the money trail..somebody in the state made money
    .......agreed......
    Forrest Gump, 1994

that is part of the reason gov ryan went to jail