The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Romney gives little hints on his healthcare reform plan

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    If you could roll those unused dollars into the next year, I would be fine with it. The way ours is set up, whatever money that is left on 12/31 is gone. I buy insurance to offset my out of pocket expenses. what's the sense of having insurance if the deductibles and out of pocket expense is so high you can't afford it. I'd rather pay a little higher premium and have low deductible and out of pocket expenses as opposed to low premiums and high deductibles and out of pocket expense. either way, the insurance company is making huge profits and people that don't have a lot of extra cash get slammed with the medical bills. thus when the medical bills get so overwhelming, they file chapter 7. then nobody gets paid.
    I would be fine with 10% to 20% higher premium. It's more up front, but that's why it's called insurance. I currently pay $200 per month in premiums. $500 deductible, 80/20 up to the first $1000 out of pocket and then insurance pays 100%, with no lifetime maximum. so with a premium 20% above what I currently pay, would be acceptable. I have plenty between my ears Mr. Smarty Pants, just not the same stuff you have between your ears. you have evidently made your fortune already, I am working on mine so with the plan Romney hinted at, I won't be able to get to my goal.
    Our children are grown and on their own now. But those premiums I described are for the wife and I. I don't know it will play out in the future. How will it work that my company headquarters is not in the USA? I don't know. all I know, is right now, they are taking care of us pretty well and they have told us that it will continue to be the case. They have not lied to us yet, so I have every reason to believe that they are sincere.
    AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHH!!!! Unbelievable!
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHH!!!! Unbelievable!
    Exactly what is it you find unbelievable, Mike?- Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

I would be fine with 10% to 20% higher premium. It's more up front, but that's why it's called insurance. I currently pay $200 per month in premiums. $500 deductible, 80/20 up to the first $1000 out of pocket and then insurance pays 100%, with no lifetime maximum. so with a premium 20% above what I currently pay, would be acceptable. I have plenty between my ears Mr. Smarty Pants, just not the same stuff you have between your ears. you have evidently made your fortune already, I am working on mine so with the plan Romney hinted at, I won't be able to get to my goal.
    It didn't take you long to figure out Marvin's M.O.! LMAO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    WE need to go back to the pre PPO/HMO days when Healthcare was affordable and everyone that needed it received care!
    Actually, i think the business and political world would like to see us go back to no company provided insurance plan, no birth control, families with 5 or more kids and a life expectancy of 50. That would solve a lot of "problems" for them........-Paul

It's kinda funny to watch you lefty's argue AGAINST something you know NOTHING about and argue FOR something you know even LESS about!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

They will find out the hard way.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It's kinda funny to watch you lefty's argue AGAINST something you know NOTHING about and argue FOR something you know even LESS about!!!
    Well it seems that the neighborly thing to do would be for you to enlighten us, in that case.

I'm a little surprised that you would be in favor of large deductible plans.

On another note, large deductibles would be pretty rough on retired folks that have modest fixed incomes. In most cases, that's the stage in life when good health insurance is usually very important.

My personal belief is that we will not see real and significant health care reform and some control over the costs associated with health care until the Senate, House, SCOTUS and POTUS no longer get the ABSOLUTE BEST care for life. In other words, when Hell freezes over.........-Paul
    Last edited by paul young; 10-03-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Well it seems that the neighborly thing to do would be for you to enlighten us, in that case.
    I don't know any more about what's in them than you do!

You saw first hand how much of your assets had to be used for your 1st wife when she became ill, Stan. I'm a little surprised that you would be in favor of large deductible plans.
    Classy!!

On another note, large deductibles would be pretty rough on retired folks that have modest fixed incomes. In most cases, that's the stage in life when good health insurance is usually very important.

My personal belief is that we will not see real and significant health care reform and some control over the costs associated with health care until the Senate, House, SCOTUS and POTUS no longer get the ABSOLUTE BEST care for life. In other words, when Hell freezes over.........-Paul
    Nice post..............
    Stan b & Elvis

And I on the other hand want lower premiums and a higher deductable. I would like to keep my money and assume some responsibility when my family or I have health issues. To each there own but don't force me to have what you want!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    And I on the other hand want lower premiums and a higher deductable. I would like to keep my money and assume some responsibility when my family or I have health issues. To each there own but don't force me to have what you want!
    That's EXACTLY why the gov't should stay out of it. Let the free market handle the health care business just like any other business and we would all have more choices.
    Bill Davis