The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TSC and Eukanuba

Thumbs up TSC and Eukanuba

i have seen all the threads about price increases in euk. but it never affected me. till today. went to pick up the normal 33lb bag at tractor supply and didnt notice till it rang up at the counter it has gone up. normally at TSC i pay 34.99 now its 46.99! that is ridiculous! i bought it then when i walked out i looked online to see what my local petco had it for and it was still 36.99 so walked right back in and returned it.

if petco goes the same route i guess i'll be switching. not sure what too though. purina pro plan is about 45 here and blue buffalo is 50

at the moment im feeding large breed puppy so id like to keep it to a brand formulated as such.

edit:for some reason there is a thumbs up next to the thread i guess that is my mistake. by no means am i happy nor meant to put a thmbs up

Look into victor, I switched a few months ago and have had great results.

The price of every food has gone up. You won't escape price increase for quality food in this economy. Gas prices, energy prices, meat prices, grain prices... all up and effect the cost of dog food etc.

Not trying to defend Euk - don't use it and don't care about it. Just saying.

My dog food brand also went up by a lot. Use Evo, which runs me about 60 for 30 pounds right now. Not happy about that either, but... it's what is happening right now with everything. Today I paid $4.52 a gallon for lowest grade gasoline to fill up my pick-up.

I'll bet Petco's price was lower because they still had stock from last time they bought Euk at a lower price.
    Last edited by Jennifer Henion; 10-02-2012 at 10:58 PM.

I would also believe that this increase is also because when you look at other "higher" end dog foods they are usually set at a higher price than Euk. So sometimes prices are raised simply because that is what others are charging and most of the time people will just continue to pay the higher price.

Senior Member Lucky Number Seven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jhenion View Post
    The price of every food has gone up. You won't escape price increase for quality food in this economy. Gas prices, energy prices, meat prices, grain prices... all up and effect the cost of dog food etc.

Not trying to defend Euk - don't use it and don't care about it. Just saying.

My dog food brand also went up by a lot. Use Evo, which runs me about 60 for 30 pounds right now. Not happy about that either, but... it's what is happening right now with everything. Today I paid $4.52 a gallon for lowest grade gasoline to fill up my pick-up.

I'll bet Petco's price was lower because they still had stock from last time they bought Euk at a lower price.
    $4.52?!?!?! Dang!

Not sure about Northern Cali but the price of gas has been dropping steadily for about 2 weeks here in WI.

You ain't seen nothin' yet!
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

I try to find where PPP is on sale or at least has some discount. I just bought two bags last month for $34.99 which saves me about $10 a bag. I'm 2/3 of the way to another bag at that price. Sometimes, you just have to suck it up if you're gonna feed good food. Gotta pay to play.

The price of fuel makes everything that is shipped go up, which is pretty much every product. When the price of shipping goes up that gets passed to the consumer.

BTW, California has "special gas" refined to our "special" standards. Evidently, we think that we are "better" than the rest of the country because we "protect" the environment better! Where else but CA do they have "Spare the Air" days where you are discouraged from driving and forbidden from burning in your fireplace?(where's that puking icon when I need it?) This is the true reason things are higher in CA!

BHB
    Ahhhh, the smell of a bay dog... nothin finer!

One who lives this life without plans for eternity may appear to be wise for the moment but a fool forever.

Our lives are not made by the dreams we dream but by the choices we make.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American
    Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American
    Indian." Henry Ford

i just paid 3.44 a gallon and thats only because i was dead empty up the road a little further its 3.38.

when i lived in memphis we had "spare the air" days when the ozone was "red alert" but it wasnt called that i forget the little slogan they had. basically it was ride the bus and save the air type a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BHB View Post
    Where else but CA do they have "Spare the Air" days where you are discouraged from driving and forbidden from burning in your fireplace?(where's that puking icon when I need it?) This is the true reason things are higher in CA!

BHB
    We have that here in SLC, and I believe other mountain valley cities that experience inversions have similar regulations.

On the other hand there are reasons why people call this place the new Silicon Valley.

I just paid Petsmart about $50 for 33lbs of Euk 30/20. Gas is around $4/gal.
    Last edited by mitty; 10-03-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    Renee P