RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

TSC and Eukanuba

9K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  MSDOGS1976 
#1 ·
i have seen all the threads about price increases in euk. but it never affected me. till today. went to pick up the normal 33lb bag at tractor supply and didnt notice till it rang up at the counter it has gone up. normally at TSC i pay 34.99 now its 46.99! that is ridiculous! i bought it then when i walked out i looked online to see what my local petco had it for and it was still 36.99 so walked right back in and returned it.

if petco goes the same route i guess i'll be switching. not sure what too though. purina pro plan is about 45 here and blue buffalo is 50

at the moment im feeding large breed puppy so id like to keep it to a brand formulated as such.

edit:for some reason there is a thumbs up next to the thread i guess that is my mistake. by no means am i happy nor meant to put a thmbs up

#3 · (Edited)
The price of every food has gone up. You won't escape price increase for quality food in this economy. Gas prices, energy prices, meat prices, grain prices... all up and effect the cost of dog food etc.

Not trying to defend Euk - don't use it and don't care about it. Just saying.

My dog food brand also went up by a lot. Use Evo, which runs me about 60 for 30 pounds right now. Not happy about that either, but... it's what is happening right now with everything. Today I paid $4.52 a gallon for lowest grade gasoline to fill up my pick-up.

I'll bet Petco's price was lower because they still had stock from last time they bought Euk at a lower price.

#4 ·
I would also believe that this increase is also because when you look at other "higher" end dog foods they are usually set at a higher price than Euk. So sometimes prices are raised simply because that is what others are charging and most of the time people will just continue to pay the higher price.

#8 ·
The price of fuel makes everything that is shipped go up, which is pretty much every product. When the price of shipping goes up that gets passed to the consumer.

BTW, California has "special gas" refined to our "special" standards. Evidently, we think that we are "better" than the rest of the country because we "protect" the environment better! Where else but CA do they have "Spare the Air" days where you are discouraged from driving and forbidden from burning in your fireplace?(where's that puking icon when I need it?) This is the true reason things are higher in CA!

BHB

#10 · (Edited)
Where else but CA do they have "Spare the Air" days where you are discouraged from driving and forbidden from burning in your fireplace?(where's that puking icon when I need it?) This is the true reason things are higher in CA!

BHB
We have that here in SLC, and I believe other mountain valley cities that experience inversions have similar regulations.

On the other hand there are reasons why people call this place the new Silicon Valley.;-)

I just paid Petsmart about $50 for 33lbs of Euk 30/20. Gas is around $4/gal.

#9 ·
i just paid 3.44 a gallon and thats only because i was dead empty up the road a little further its 3.38.

when i lived in memphis we had "spare the air" days when the ozone was "red alert" but it wasnt called that i forget the little slogan they had. basically it was ride the bus and save the air type a deal.

#13 ·
Look at post #2. Victor Grain Free is the best food out there for the price. Euk, Purina, Iams are all junk compared to Victor. Everyone who sees my dogs coats always ask "What do you feed them?". It is grain, soy, corn and wheat free. I had to get my local feed store to order it for me, now they stock I and it flys off the shelfs. Switch to Victor, you can thank me later.

#15 ·
Look at post #2. Victor Grain Free is the best food out there for the price. Euk, Purina, Iams are all junk compared to Victor. Everyone who sees my dogs coats always ask "What do you feed them?". It is grain, soy, corn and wheat free. I had to get my local feed store to order it for me, now they stock I and it flys off the shelfs. Switch to Victor, you can thank me later.
I am in the process of switching to Victor..very happy with results so far....my feed store doesn't stock it but orders it in for me.

#17 ·
Victor Select High Pro Plus for active dogs and puppies .. It's equivalent to Eukunuba without the grain...adult dogs are being fed the performance/Joint Health...http://www.victordogfood.com/ My only complaint with this and many of the other premium foods is the size of the kibble..wish it was bigger...I have to feed it in a flat pan for my fast eaters so they don't choke

#24 ·
Really all? What type of food "human " in a balanced diet can you buy for $1.50 a pound? I am betting no one here would eat it ! It is still pretty reasonably for what they "the dogs" do for us. So we spend another $75.00 annually on our companions arent they worth it?

#31 ·
My local feed store sells the regular Victor for $32.99 for a 40lb bag. The grain free Victor is $39.99 for a 30lb bag. I switched to the grain free because my oldest dog has elbow dysplasia and grain actually promotes the growth of arthritis in the joints. He limps a lot less since switching to the grain free stuff. $40 for a 30lb bag is not cheap but you get better quality than foods that cost much more.

#33 ·
Euk's price went up several months ago at my TSC. No Victor in my area so I switched to PMI Exclusive. Cost $33.85 for a 35lb bag of the 26/15 chicken and rice formula. At my local coop buy 8 get 1 free so cost averages out closer to $30/bag. My dog is doing great on it too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.