The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Night's Debate.......

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danis View Post
    ....... James Carvelle said Romney came to the debate with a chanisaw and Obama got in the way of it.
    may I have a turn?

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    last night debate could be summed up like this

It's kind of ironic, isn't it, that Eastwood's imagery turns out to be so potent so long after the fact. Were it not for the Obama ads, one would already have forgotten what Clinton said at the DNC ... but if you show somebody and empty chair they immediately connect the dots to Eastwood's speech at the RNC?

When I listened to Eastwood, I was sort of scratching my head to figure out if he was just a rambling, old guy. Back then some pundits said the ad-lib speech was genius ... I'm beginning to believe Eastwood is a wily old guy. He left an "image" that people continue to remember.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    It's kind of ironic, isn't it, that Eastwood's imagery turns out to be so potent so long after the fact. Were it not for the Obama ads, one would already have forgotten what Clinton said at the DNC ... but if you show somebody and empty chair they immediately connect the dots to Eastwood's speech at the RNC?

When I listened to Eastwood, I was sort of scratching my head to figure out if he was just a rambling, old guy. Back then some pundits said the ad-lib speech was genius ... I'm beginning to believe Eastwood is a wily old guy. He left an "image" that people continue to remember.
    I agree to an extent... however with me it's to the point I don't even think of Clint any more when I see an empty chair... I think of our pathetic failure of a president...
    Bill Davis

In last night's debate Obama said that there is a loophole that gives companies incentives when they ship jobs overseas. Romney said he has been in business over 25 years and never heard of that. My question to Obama is why didn't you do something about it. He acts like he was not in office for the last 4 years. He just campaigns like he will fix other people's mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The best point of the night (which you will never hear in the media) was the Obama criticism of the $2.6 billion tax breaks for "BIG OIL!!!"\

Refuted by Romney due to Obama's $80 billion + tax breaks for "GREEN ENERGY" FAILURES!!!!

Obama had NO response!!!
    "...like Solyndra and the others that contributed to your campaign." %%^&%* hilarious as Obama had no reply and shrugged.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

I thought Romney won. I am not sure what happened to Obamab, but he didn't show up as forceful as I thought he would. That being said, I was disappointed with the debate as a whole. I thought it was a pretty boring. I dont' think either one really said anything new. It left me with more questions than it answered.

This picture pretty much sums it up...

Debate exit.jpg
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I thought Romney won. I am not sure what happened to Obamab, but he didn't show up as forceful as I thought he would. That being said, I was disappointed with the debate as a whole. I thought it was a pretty boring. I dont' think either one really said anything new. It left me with more questions than it answered.
    So, you have heard "trickle down government" before?
    Stan b & Elvis

Although I slant the other way, I have to say Romney took the debate. But, I think there is more substance out of my kennel run when Titan and Zeus get into a debate. (Actually, Zeus, says he is running for Congress. His slogan is "Put a dog in the house.")
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    So, you have heard "trickle down government" before?
    How about when Lehrer asked Obama what he thought about trickle down economics and Obama said "uh" and changed the subject to education and teachers or some such!!
    Bill Davis