RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Retriever News response to email re: EE closing changes

5K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Brad B 
#1 ·
I received two responses from John Stracka, President and Editor in Chief, Retriever News. The second email states that I should spread the word that this is a proposal, and feel free to share contact information.

Here are the two responses I received:

#1:

Carol,

You may not be aware I am President of the Retriever News and as a result responsible for the oversight of Entry Express. I was referred to your memo on the retriever training bulletin board. Thank you for a constructive comments. The "proposed" changes are noted in this months Retriever News and they will also be sent to club administrators of record on Entry Express in the near future. Please note that the proposal is intended to be "discussed by the entire user community" over the next 90 days as indicated in the Retriever News, which is just arriving in mailboxes this week. Please know your very constructive message is received in this regard and that I would appreciate speaking with you directly to obtain further input. Know that the issue specific to the Hunt Test secretary will be carefully considered before any proposals are implemented! Thanks in advance for taking my call.

Regards,

John Stracka
President and Editor in Chief
The Retriever News

jstracka@aol.com

#2:

Carol,

Retriever News and Entry Express entered into a business agreement almost 18 months ago, through which Retriever News is acquiring the system. RN has executive management responsibility and the system is maintained and club services are performed by under agreement with eCorp, the folks that developed the system.

You can count on my listening to our users as we only want to improve services and performance. We are working on club administrator communications this week. Both RN and EE are small businesses so we can't do everything at once as we would in a larger enterprise.

I know you will help spread the word this is a proposal and that we won't make policy changes until the make sense for both the business and the majority of our customers and users. Feel free to share my contact information if you wish. Best of luck in Texas and I hope you have a wonderful couple weeks!

Regards,

John Stracka

jstracka@aol.com

I urge every event secretary to contact Retriever News directly to let them know how this proposal affects their ability to do their jobs.

See less See more
#5 ·
I just want them to recognize the Toller as a breed, not as an Other. After all, Poodles are recognized.

#6 ·
I spoke with John Stracka this afternoon. He said that the RN has received a considerable amount of feedback and will be moving off of the Tuesday noon deadline for finalizing the draw.

#9 ·
Yeah you have 14 pages of ads for people you know nothing about but one of your own club members cannot run an ad without paying them for the ad. Your own club cannot sell ads and put in your catalog. What if you get raffle items and want to put something in the book thanking these sponsors, you can't without a fee. What is wrong with that picture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.