The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's the "Middle"

Default Where's the "Middle"

Lots and lots of talk during the debate on what will effect the "middle class" tax rate.
    Blackstone made a great point about eliminating tax loopholes which could effect those with mortgages, interest income, boats, cars, etc. I can certainly understand that. But is your income "middle"? What's "middle"?
    Most here know one of my largest complaints is my effective tax rate (29% last year). I don't even know of any loopholes for me. Not sure how they could close any lol.
    But, back to the question...
    When the candidates talk about "Middle Class" taxpayers, Exactly what income level are they talking about? I know Obama says "Those families earning less than $250,000" ... but how many of us here consider a family earning $200,000 "middle"?

The average of :
    1 7 12 18 24 36 41 55 68 76 88 112 123 289 343 477 601 766 899 991= 251'ish

The middle number in that line up is : 76
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

I would be in Hog Heaven if I made $200k.....

I honestly can't even imagine it.

That said, poverty level is defined as less than $23,050 per year and the median income (the point at which 50% make more and 50% make less) is defined at $50,054 per year. So, I guess I'm a little ahead of the game and can be included in the middle class.
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post

That said, poverty level is defined as less than $23,050 per year and the median income (the point at which 50% make more and 50% make less) is defined at $50,054 per year. So, I guess I'm a little ahead of the game and can be included in the middle class.
    You and me both brother!

Are those figures per person or household?
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

First of all that all sounded good. Tell me if you believe the housing lobby is going to let someone cut the mortage deduction? If you believe that I have property I want to sell you.

Now lets talk about who pays the taxes from the tax cuts. Lets say that the money trickles down and makes jobs for the middle class. Who pays the taxes on those middle class jobs....the middle class people working in those jobs. So the middle class pays the taxes. So why are you so opposed to them paying more taxes...they have no problem with you paying more.

Guys...just from what I heard you say about yourselves tells me that you will never be a member of their club, nor will I. They will tell you you are to get your vote but you will never be one of them.

Romney is for the Kings and I don't want to be at the mercy of the crumbs they dropping me.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    First of all that all sounded good. Tell me if you believe the housing lobby is going to let someone cut the mortage deduction? If you believe that I have property I want to sell you.

Now lets talk about who pays the taxes from the tax cuts. Lets say that the money trickles down and makes jobs for the middle class. Who pays the taxes on those middle class jobs....the middle class people working in those jobs. So the middle class pays the taxes. So why are you so opposed to them paying more taxes...they have no problem with you paying more.

Guys...just from what I heard you say about yourselves tells me that you will never be a member of their club, nor will I. They will tell you you are to get your vote but you will never be one of them.

Romney is for the Kings and I don't want to be at the mercy of the crumbs they dropping me.
    Ha HA HA OBUMMA is for stealing my hard earned money and giving it to the leaches!!! I tired of being at his mercy!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post

You seem to be having difficulty answering the question.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post

so when the candidates are talking about middle class, are they talking middle or median?
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    Lots and lots of talk during the debate on what will effect the "middle class" tax rate.
    Blackstone made a great point about eliminating tax loopholes which could effect those with mortgages, interest income, boats, cars, etc. I can certainly understand that. But is your income "middle"? What's "middle"?
    Most here know one of my largest complaints is my effective tax rate (29% last year). I don't even know of any loopholes for me. Not sure how they could close any lol.
    But, back to the question...
    When the candidates talk about "Middle Class" taxpayers, Exactly what income level are they talking about? I know Obama says "Those families earning less than $250,000" ... but how many of us here consider a family earning $200,000 "middle"?

The average of :
    1 7 12 18 24 36 41 55 68 76 88 112 123 289 343 477 601 766 899 991= 251'ish

The middle number in that line up is : 76
    I assume there is a range that covers middle class income. Obama has the top of the range for individuals at $200K and $250k for couples. I am not sure, but I think Romney's top may have been higher. I have never heard anyone talk about the bottom of the range. Where middle class income begins, I am not sure.

middle class is having just enough money to THINK you can afford to play the dog games....but then the cold hard reality is that it takes,all that and about 25% more just to compete and about double that to be a player
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I can give up the dog games as long as I can still go hunting. Just good friends, the dogs, and wide open spaces.