The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Credits for Outsourcing Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Huntington View Post
    Distinct difference between tax credit and recognition of expenses
    This shows one of the major problems ailing our public discourse. There is no agreement on what words mean. Both side routinely use words inaccurately to make their point. They are also guilty of the gratuitous use of adjectives designed to inflame instead of inform.

A couple of examples...

Tax Credit vs. business expense
    Devestating cuts vs. slowing the rate of increase

Until our representatives can agree on what words mean and are consistent in their use when debating and campaigning, the public will have a hard time determing what the truth is. People are too busy to look into the facts surrounding every claim made by the candidates so they rely on their own understanding of what words mean. We end up with three groups trying to communicate using distinctly different vocabularies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabireley View Post
    This shows one of the major problems ailing our public discourse. There is no agreement on what words mean. Both side routinely use words inaccurately to make their point. They are also guilty of the gratuitous use of adjectives designed to inflame instead of inform.

A couple of examples...

Until our representatives can agree on what words mean and are consistent in their use when debating and campaigning, the public will have a hard time determing what the truth is. People are too busy to look into the facts surrounding every claim made by the candidates so they rely on their own understanding of what words mean. We end up with three groups trying to communicate using distinctly different vocabularies.
    With your astute observations, you are bound to enjoy some made by George Carlin.

UB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKftRlzh2RM&sns=em
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

A couple of examples...

Great explaination !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

A couple of examples...

I have to add a couple of my favorites.

A tax loophole is one that you can take advantage but I cannot.
    A tax deduction is one that i can take advantage bbut you cannot.
    A government austerity program is limiting gov. spending to only a little above inflation.
    A cut is beginning limiting gov increase in spending 5 to 10 years from now.:razz

How do these work??

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I have to add a couple of my favorites.

A tax loophole is one that you can take advantage but I cannot.
    A tax deduction is one that i can take advantage bbut you cannot.
    A government austerity program is limiting gov. spending to only a little above inflation.
    A cut is beginning limiting gov increase in spending 5 to 10 years from now.:razz

How do these work??
    Those are good.

Loophole is one of my favorites. Romny is being vilified for using loopholes to avoid paying his fair share of taxes, when in fact he is working within the (overly complex) tax system to calculate his taxes due.