The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Just got our UnitedHealthcare ax.

Default Just got our UnitedHealthcare ax.

Got the message in the mail, awaiting my return from duck hunting. Our Medicare Advantage plan we've been under for 5 years is no longer being made available in our state, or at least that's what we were told when visiting on the phone with the UnitedHealthcare representative this morning. So now we are being told we need to enter a different program and buy a Medigap policy.

We were told Obamacare would cause many healthcare suppliers to eliminate their Advantage programs so many of us seniors were on. Of course AARP has been a big proponent of eliminating the Advantage programs in favor of the Medigap policies, because it pays them a huge percentage every month. AARP has been exposed by Jim DeMint's special report that all should be aware of...especially if you are a member of AARP. Read about this now:

http://www.demint.senate.gov/public/...f-9f7ffa15b9d5

If any of you have been also 'terminated' by the upcoming possibility of Obamacare, I'd appreciate what program you are contemplating for your coverage.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I'm sorry but this is what we CAN ALL LOOK forward to obamacare
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

doing serious research into my family background. looking for health problems? no. looking for money? no.
    Looking for Indian blood so we can try to get a CDIB card and exempt ourselves from what Obamacare brings. YES
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    doing serious research into my family background. looking for health problems? no. looking for money? no.
    Looking for Indian blood so we can try to get a CDIB card and exempt ourselves from what Obamacare brings. YES
    I don't have the link handy but "Access genealogy" is good for searching Native American lines in at least some cases. So far the Dawes searches have not cost me anything. Some things have a cost. Good luck.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    If any of you have been also 'terminated' by the upcoming possibility of Obamacare, I'd appreciate what program you are contemplating for your coverage. UB
    We just joined AMAC - don't know what is available under their auspices - but we looked at joining Group Death (local) when I was at Boeing - chose to stay with choosing our own doctor & paying 20% + a deductible every year - so when we went on Medicare their was very little change - we still self insure the 20% which is not all that bad after Medicare drops the bill by roughly 70% - & pays 80% of the remainder. Good luck - changing doctors is not as easy as it used to be .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The Dawes searches have been amazingly helpful. So far, only one line left to search... and then it's on to my husband's family. I am determined to solidify my kids ability to receive proper healthcare.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

You better call the WH because Joe Biden said last night that you WILL Not lose medicare advantage.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    You better call the WH because Joe Biden said last night that you WILL Not lose medicare advantage.

That worthless yahoo won't take my calls.

Humana is sending a rep to our house Friday afternoon so we can get on board with their program. It's primarily needed for my wife, since being a DAV, my healthcare is handled by the VA. I like to carry a card for supplemental coverage, however, since the VA isn't always available when I'm traveling or hunting.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.