RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Garry Wikjord passed away October 3, 2012

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Ironwood 
#1 · (Edited)
Garry Wikjord passed away Wednesday night, October 3, 2012. Earlier in the week he suffered an aneurism at seven in the morning while having a cup of coffee. He collapsed and went into a coma and never recovered.
The trial game has lost a hard working campainger who secured some of the best trial grounds in BC so we could all enjoy or sport.
Our sympathies go to Margo, his wife, and the family.
The funeral will be held the 13th of October in Logan Lake, BC the community he lived in and loved.
Adieu.

#3 ·
Garry exemplified those in this sport who give more than they take - a terrible loss to the BC community! Should you decide to remember Garry long term is some manner please count on me for a donation.

#4 ·
What a shock! Gary was a good friend . He and Margo were so helpful when I ran trials in Logan Lake,BC. As others have said he gave much to the sport of field Trialing. My sympathy to Margo and the family. RIP Gary.

#6 ·
Margo's address is 19 Emerald Drive, Logan Lake , BC, V0K 1W0 Phone number: 250-523-6791.

Gary and Margo did have children. I sure they had a daughter and and a son. Beyond that I don't.
Besides dogs and his skill in the shooting sports which he excelled at he loved restoring an old Volvo (before they became boxy looking) to mint condition.

#7 ·
Gary put on one of the most exciting trials in the province, he and Margo worked tirelessly for years to make it a success. He will be greatly missed by his friends and the whole trialing community in BC and Alberta.

I found him to be very encouraging to new comers to the sport.

#8 ·
The field trial game has suffered a huge loss.

Gary took great pride in putting on the Logan Lake Trial and that fact that historically it was the largest trial in Western Canada. We really enjoyed attending his trial.

He had an incredible passion for the field trial game and for training dogs. Gary was one of the hardest workers we have ever met, whether it was putting on his own trial, helping with other trials, hosting a National, training his dogs, or throwing birds for our dogs. His commitment to the field trial game was huge. Margo has an impressive throwing arm and Gary was very pleased that everyone noticed. Gary always stepped up and gave a helping hand any time that he could. He had a story for every time, place, and occassion. He also loved to joke and have a good time. He had an absolute love for life and the outdoors.

We have lost a wonderful friend.

Our sincerest condolences to Margo, his daughter and son-in-law, his grandchildren, his son and new daughter-in-law.

Gary you will be missed and training in Logan Lake will never be the same.

Sincerely,
Colin McNicol and Carey Petersen

#9 ·
WIKJORD – Gerhard (Garry), a long-time resident of Logan Lake, passed away unexpectedly October 3, 2012 in Kamloops, BC. Garry, was predeceased by his father, Odd. He will be sadly missed and remembered by his mother, Catherine; Margo, his wife of 44 years; brother Carl (Joy); daughter Nicole (Glen), son Eric (Christie); grandchildren Lars and Grady; and extended family.

Born in FlinFlon, MB, Garry spent his time around the family store on River Road in Delta, BC. Garry moved into the interior where he and Margo started a family and life for themselves. Throughout his 30+ years at Highland Valley Copper he made many friends that became extended family. However, “Mr. Fix-it” or “Wiki” spent his time modifying anything automotive, while his passions were fishing, hunting and training dogs. He was always volunteering with many groups, mainly Highland Valley Outdoor Association, the cross-country ski community, and numerous field trial groups, pride in and service to his community will be Garry’s legacy.

A memorial service will be held at 2:00 p.m., Saturday, October 13, 2012 in the Logan Lake Community Church, 311 Opal St, Logan Lake, BC. In lieu of flowers, donations in Garry’s memory may be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation (BC/Yukon), or better yet as Garry would say “go volunteer with something or someone you love.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.