The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Bird Going After Romney!

QUICK... and WITHOUT google.... Name 3 shows on PBS and when you last watched them with regularity. Oh.. and Sesame Street doesnt count...
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    QUICK... and WITHOUT google.... Name 3 shows on PBS and when you last watched them with regularity. Oh.. and Sesame Street doesnt count...
    McNeil Leher Report
    Louisiana The State We Are In

could only name two and I stopped watch Seasame Street when the cut Miss Piggies time onthe show
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I heard this on the radio this morning.
    The issue is, they really do NOT need that money.
    Other areas do.
    That is a valid point, I think.

Sort of like gasoline tax or tobacco tax ... if you use it and value the use of it, are you willing to pay for it? Some who don't pay for it will get to use it as well.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Alone in the Wilderness
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

“Sesame Workshop receives very, very little funding from PBS. So, we are able to raise our funding through philanthropic, through our licensed product, which goes back into the educational programming, through corporate underwriting and sponsorship. So quite frankly, you can debate whether or not there should be funding of public broadcasting. But when they always try to tout out Big Bird, and say we’re going to kill Big Bird – that is actually misleading, because Sesame Street will be here.” Stephanie Westin, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer for Sesame Workshop.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Romney using PBS as an example of what he would cut was not wise. I agree... he should have used something else as an example. He could have said he would trim back government agencies by cutting how much has been spent on outrageous conferences.

He could have said he will go through every government agency and end fraud and corruption.

I like his rule about making a judgement call as to whether it is worth borrowing from China to pay for something. There's a current flap about "Obama phones". It started out prior to Obama as a good idea... making it possible for poor folks to afford a land phone for emergencies. It evolved to handing out free cell phones with 250 free minutes a month.

Helen

“Sesame Workshop receives very, very little funding from PBS. So, we are able to raise our funding through philanthropic, through our licensed product, which goes back into the educational programming, through corporate underwriting and sponsorship. So quite frankly, you can debate whether or not there should be funding of public broadcasting. But when they always try to tout out Big Bird, and say we’re going to kill Big Bird – that is actually misleading, because Sesame Street will be here.” Stephanie Westin, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer for Sesame Workshop.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Penny wise and dollar foolish. Maybe we should begin with not spending $2T more on defense when we are winding out of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

With a bit more research, PBS receives less than 12% of their annual budget from Federal Tax Dollars. I think they will be just fine without us. No one wants them to go away, so they will donate. I, for one, will add them to my annual donations list if the tax dollars are removed.
    Penny wise and Dollar foolish?
    No, I took what Mitt said to mean that he will remove all extra spending....no matter how cute, cuddly, warm and fuzzy.
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Roy Yamaguchi(Roy's of Hawaii) cooking show

Barbecue U

Nevada Outdoors
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"